Carlson Part-Time MBA
Choose the most flexible top-ranked MBA program in the nation, and reach your career goals faster than you ever thought possible. The Carlson Part-Time MBA program welcomes learners who are more than students: they’re employees, spouses, parents, and community leaders. Join the hundreds of professionals who balance their MBA with their demanding lifestyle, and apply now.
Ranked No. 15 nationwide by U.S. News and World Report, and featuring an up-to-the-minute curriculum, the Carlson Part-Time MBA imparts a comprehensive understanding of business that prepares you to excel in your field.
The Carlson MBA Pays for Itself in Three Years
On average, Carlson MBA graduates earn back 41 percent of the money they invest in their education within one year of graduation. —Bloomberg Businessweek
By the Numbers
most flexible top-ranked MBA program in the nation
U.S. public university business faculty for intellectual contributions
for average salary increase among ranked business schools
U.S. News & World Report's
Best Part-Time MBA Program
total courses needed to complete the program (approximately)
weekend courses offered
online courses offered
compressed format courses offered
The Carlson MBA Advantage
- Join the Network: 50,000+ alumni in 95 countries
- Get Personal Attention: 1 on 1 support from faculty
- Explore International Business: Education abroad programs in 29 countries
- Attend Class on Your Schedule: Courses offered 7 days a week and online
- Set Your Own Pace: Complete the program in 3-7 years
- Learn from Experts: No. 3 for intellectual contributions in business among U.S. public universities
- Apply Lessons Immediately: Put what you learn into practice at work the very next day
- Work on Real-World Projects: 1-of-a-kind experiential learning opportunities
- Get Noticed by Top Companies: 154 leading companies hired Carlson School grads in 2013 AND 93% of grads received employment offers within 90 days of graduation
- Create your own Schedule: Now offering 29 courses online, in condensed formats, and on the weekends
- Leverage Top-Notch Career Services: Career coaches are available to answer your questions at various times and locations throughout the week, no appointment needed
The maximum amount of time a student can take to complete his or her MBA program is 7 years, but most people graduate in 5 years or fewer. In this blog post, I’d like share why I chose to take the full 7 years to complete my MBA.
The downside of the 7 year plan is obvious to most people. There is a risk of losing momentum, and some people just want to “get it over with.” If you are interested in an on-campus recruiting position or other position that requires an MBA, you cannot apply for those jobs until your last year in the program.