The Marketing Department is Top 5 in the world in research and impact. The expertise and authority of the world-class faculty is evidenced in valued partnerships with our corporate community, global initiatives, and rigorous, hands-on curriculum.
Professor Joan Meyers-Levy
To some extent Professor Joan Meyers-Levy has come full circle with her research. Over the years she has delved into many research topics, from aspects of advertising to understanding how aesthetics (e.g., music, color, or graphic design) communicate, to the impact of the retail environment on consumer behavior. However, her initial dissertation investigated gender differences, and that's a topic she's reexamining again today, decades after receiving her doctorate, for a paper that revisits and aims to integrate the current literature on gender differences.
Recent Faculty Awards
- 2015 MSI Young Scholar Award - Assistant Professor Alison Xu
- 2015 MSI Young Scholar Award - Assistant Professor Maria Ana Vitorino
- HBES Early Career Award for Distinguished Scientific Contribution - Assoc. Prof. Vladas Griskevicius
- National Natural Science Foundation of China Grant - Assoc. Prof. Tony Cui
- Carlson School Dean's Small Grant - Assoc. Prof. Carlos Torelli
- National Science Center of Poland Grant - Prof. Kathleen Vohs
- 3M non-Tenured Faculty Grant Award - Asst. Prof. Yi Zhu