The Marketing Department is Top 5 in the world in research and impact. The expertise and authority of the world-class faculty is evidenced in valued partnerships with our corporate community, global initiatives, and rigorous, hands-on curriculum.
Associate Dean Michael Houston
Prior to becoming Associate Dean of Faculty and Research in the 90s, Professor Michael Houston didn’t have much interest in international subjects. But that changed when the school began a global initiative and Houston became involved. From there, the Carlson School developed an Executive MBA program in Warsaw, Poland, in which Houston taught. After serving as associate dean for five years, he returned as a faculty member to teach international marketing and research global issues in marketing.
Recent Faculty Awards
- 2015 MSI Young Scholar Award - Assistant Professor Alison Xu
- 2015 MSI Young Scholar Award - Assistant Professor Maria Ana Vitorino
- HBES Early Career Award for Distinguished Scientific Contribution - Assoc. Prof. Vladas Griskevicius
- National Natural Science Foundation of China Grant - Assoc. Prof. Tony Cui
- Carlson School Dean's Small Grant - Assoc. Prof. Carlos Torelli
- National Science Center of Poland Grant - Prof. Kathleen Vohs
- 3M non-Tenured Faculty Grant Award - Asst. Prof. Yi Zhu