The Marketing Department is Top 5 in the world in research and impact. The expertise and authority of the world-class faculty is evidenced in valued partnerships with our corporate community, global initiatives, and rigorous, hands-on curriculum.
Professor Kathleen Vohs
Over the past 15 years, Professor Kathleen Vohs has done research in the area of self-control. She studies it because she views self-control not only as one of humanity’s greatest strengths, but also as a fragile process that’s easily disrupted.
“I love [researching] self-control because I was a person who was constantly using self-control and was very aware of using it,” Vohs said. “I’m a very goal-focused individual, and so as a consequence I’m always thinking about my goals and I’m trying to change my behavior to be in-line with those goals.”
Recent Faculty Awards
- Top 10 Reviewer Award for the Journal of Consumer Psychology - Prof. Deborah John
- Dean's Grant/Teaching Development Award - Sr. Lecturer Jay Lipe
- Outstanding Elective Faculty of the Year Award and the new MBA Excellence in Business Practice Award - Sr. Lecturer Seth Werner
- MSI Young Scholar Award - Asst. Prof. Maria Ana Vitorino and Asst. Prof. Alison Jing Xu
- HBES Early Career Award for Distinguished Scientific Contribution - Assoc. Prof. Vladas Griskevicius
National Natural Science Foundation of China Grant - Assoc. Prof. Tony Cui