The Marketing Department is Top 5 in the world in research and impact. The expertise and authority of the world-class faculty is evidenced in valued partnerships with our corporate community, global initiatives, and rigorous, hands-on curriculum.
Professor Deborah Roedder John
For over 20 years, Professor Deborah Roedder John has focused on issues related to consumer branding. She is an expert on how consumers respond to certain types of brand strategies and how firms can use branding strategies to achieve their goals. One of her recent projects examines how consumers who strongly identify themselves with a particular brand respond when people very different from them begin using the same brand.
Recent Faculty Awards
- 2015 MSI Young Scholar Award - Assistant Professor Alison Xu
- 2015 MSI Young Scholar Award - Assistant Professor Maria Ana Vitorino
- HBES Early Career Award for Distinguished Scientific Contribution - Assoc. Prof. Vladas Griskevicius
- National Natural Science Foundation of China Grant - Assoc. Prof. Tony Cui
- Carlson School Dean's Small Grant - Assoc. Prof. Carlos Torelli
- National Science Center of Poland Grant - Prof. Kathleen Vohs
- 3M non-Tenured Faculty Grant Award - Asst. Prof. Yi Zhu