Information and Decision Sciences
The PhD program in the department of Information and Decision Sciences is among the top-ranked programs in the country. The University of Minnesota was one of the first schools to establish a doctoral program in management information systems and remains a top-five leader in the study of MIS. It is recognized worldwide for shaping the field. Factors contributing to this recognition are:
- Defined relevant discipline areas through research, writing, and editorial contributions in major academic and practitioner outlets
- Innovations in curriculum
- Number and quality of our graduates
- Faculty leadership in professional societies and journals
- Developed major organizational links between faculty and practitioners
Our faculty are focused on conducting theoretical and empirical research that addresses the role, impact, and development of IT innovations from a business perspective in business process, organizational, and market contexts. This provides a wealth of research opportunities for faculty and doctoral students!