The Full-Time MBA program begins in the fall each year. Application deadlines are listed below but we continue to accept applications after the final deadline on a space available basis. Please contact the admissions team (612-625-5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to discuss your application.
Complete the application online.
Unofficial transcripts can be submitted through the online application. You will need to submit a transcript from each college or university where you have completed coursework before your application will be considered complete and reviewed by the admissions committee. Official transcripts will be required if you are admitted to the program.
GMAT or GRE Score
The GMAT or GRE General Test is required for admission to the Full-Time MBA program and should be less than five years old.
For GMAT, arrange for the testing service to send an official score report to code D2N-VJ-15, Carlson MBA. Results arrive 2-3 weeks after the test. For GRE, arrange for the testing service to send an official score report using institution code 8387. Results take 3-4 weeks to arrive.
Please note we don't have a minimum GMAT or GRE required score, but do have average scores in our Full-Time MBA Class Profile.
Use the online application to provide the names and contact information of three professional references.
We require a personal statement answering the following three questions:
- Briefly describe your short-term and long-term career goals. Why are you choosing to pursue an MBA at this time in your career, and what are you hoping to accomplish by doing so?
- Why are you interested in pursuing an MBA at the Carlson School of Management?
- What do you feel makes you a strong candidate for the program? How will you contribute to the MBA Program overall?
English Language Testing Score (if applicable)
The following tests are all accepted:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE)
For further details, visit the International Applicants page.
The application fee is $60 (non-refundable) for U.S. citizens; $90 for international applications and U.S. residents with foreign credentials. Your application fee will be waived if you have been on active duty in the U.S. military within three years of submitting your MBA application.
Submit a current resume (CV) that includes job responsibilities and accomplishments.
Interviews for the Full-Time MBA program are by invitation only. Candidates will be contacted after the initial review of their application. If you are unable to attend your interview in person, arrangements can be made for a Skype interview.
Deadlines that occur on a holiday or weekend will be extended through the next business day.
Deadlines for U.S. and International Applicants
- Apply by November 1 to receive a response by January 15
- Apply by December 1 to receive a response by February 15
- Apply by February 1 to receive a response by April 15
U.S. Applicants Only
- Apply by April 1 to receive a response by May 15