Career and Internship Fair Employer Information
- 9:00 a.m. Employer check-in and set-up. Employers are welcome to drop off packages between 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. at the Mariucci Arena loading dock. Students will be on hand to help take items to your booth. A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- 11:00 a.m. Fair opens to students.
- 3:00 p.m. Fair ends. Please pack up any items to be shipped out and make sure they are labeled appropriately. FedEx and UPS will be on-site after the fair to pick up packages. Employers are responsible for packaging and having completed packing slips for each package to be shipped.
Registration Deadline: September 1
- Log in to The Edge and click the Career Events tab
- Leave all fields blank, click Search
- Scroll through the event list until you find the Fall 2016 Undergraduate Career & Internship Fair
- Click on the Register link located to the right of the event name
- Complete the registration form (all fields marked with an * are required
If you do not have an Edge account:
- Visit The Edge
- Under Employer Login, select "Register and Create a New Account"
- Under "Find Your Organization", start typing the name of your company to see if an account has already been established
- If your organization appears in the search results, select it and click Continue. Complete the Contact Information form
- If no account exists, click "Can't find your organization?" and fill in all required information
- Click on the Register button
Please allow two business days for your new account to be approved. You will receive a confirmation email once your account had been activated.
NOTE: If after your account has been approved, you can't find the Career Events tab, please contact the Undergraduate Employer Relations Associate at 612-626-9495.
Employer registration for the fair is $500.00 per booth, and covers two representatives, one table, two parking vouchers, and a light breakfast and lunch, including beverages.
- Additional representatives are $75 per person.
- There is a limit of four representatives per table.
- You are welcome to register for additional tables (based on availability).
After the fair, your organization will be sent an invoice. The invoice will include information on how to pay via check or credit card. We no longer accept payment via The Edge system.
For a copy of the University's W9 Form, please log into The Edge and click on the Resource Library link near the left side of the screen.
Employer representatives who are registered for the career fair can park in the following lots. Registered employers will receive a parking coupon when they check-in at employer registration. You may drop off materials at the loading dock if you would like assistance.
- Lot 37 - 5th Street SE, across from the Mariucci Arena loading dock and Baseline Tennis Center
- Maroon Lot - 21st Ave and 6th Street, north side of TCF Bank Stadium
- Victory Lot - 6th Street SE, east side of TCF Bank Stadium
If you are unable to park in either of these lots, please park in another University of Minnesota lot or ramp to receive parking validation.
Volunteers will be available 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. to assist employers who would like to drop-off packages at the Mariucci Arena loading dock.
Entering the Career Fair
Please enter Mariucci Arena through the East Lobby, directly across from TCF Bank Stadium. Material drop-off is located at the Mariucci Arena loading dock.
If you need access to an electrical outlet at the fair, please indicate this on the registration form. If you have already submitted your registration, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try our best to accommodate electricity requests received via email, but cannot guarantee access.
Guest (no login information required) access at Mariucci Arena is very limited. To ensure connection, we recommend requesting a guest login from U of MN IT.
Please follow this link: https://www.athletics.umn.edu/networkservice/
Make sure to complete this form no later than September 12 and include the date of the event (9/19/2016), venue (Mariucci Arena), and name of event (Carlson School Fall Career Fair).
The cancellation deadline is Thursday, September 1, 2016. There will be no refunds after this date and employers who cancel will be invoiced for their entire registration fee.
In the event that you cannot attend the fair, notification must be sent to email@example.com.
All packages can be shipped to:
LARSON RECORDS MANAGEMENT
RE: Carlson School Career and Internship Fair
2550 Walnut Street
Roseville, MN 55113
All packages MUST:
- Be labeled specifically for the Carlson School Career Fair, or they will not be delivered.
- Be received between September 1 and September 14, to ensure delivery to the career fair. Pleae note the shipping vendor cannot receive packages on Saturdays or Sundays and items shipped beyond this time frame or to other venues are the responsibility of the employer.
IMPORTANT: Student hand-outs given on the day of fair contain employers' job/internship posting information.
This information is taken directly from the employer registration form in The Edge. Please ensure all registration information is correct so that your available jobs/internships will be included in all student marketing.
The Carlson School Career & Internship Fairs are ONLY open to:
- Current Carlson School undergraduate students
- Current Master of Accountancy students
- Current Master of Business Taxation students
Please do not invite students that are not currently enrolled in one of the programs listed above, as we are unable to admit them to the Career Fair.
Skip the give-aways!
We request all employers' participation in our Give-Away-Less Fair. We love hosting our career fairs, but the events produce a lot of waste. Since this is not a requirement, employers who skip the give-aways will be highlighted in our various marketing materials to students. Please confirm your participation in the Give-Away-Less Fair within your fair registration. If you should have any questions about the Give-Away-Less Fair, please call the Employer Relations Associate at 612-626-9495, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.