About Camp Emerge
Camp Emerge is the focal program of Project Emerge. It is a three-day business leadership camp at the University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management. Camp Emerge participants will gain personal, professional, and cultural leadership training to prepare for the business elements of any career.
Camp Emerge 2018 will take place August 2-4 at the University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management and the surrounding Twin Cities area.
Project Emerge welcomes applications from rising undergraduate juniors and seniors and emerging professionals (1-2 years of experience) from ALL majors. Camp Emerge is designed for people of color, women, LBTQ, and first generation students.
Apply for 2018 Camp Emerge here!
Admitted participants will pay $100 to secure their spot in Camp Emerge 2018. This includes lodging, food, training, site visits, and other opportunities. Scholarships and travel stipends available based on participant need.
- Opening keynote
- Peer networking lunch
- Development workshop and breakout sessions
- Corporate panel: life after college
- Alumni networking
- Business-at-a-Glance-How to prep for an MBA
- Business trek
- Marketplace simulation
- GMAT/MBA 101 informational dinner
- Twin Cities social event
- Food business tour
- Non-profit experiential tour
- Critical conversations workshop
- Case study
Due to the demanding requirements of our program, admittance to Camp Emerge is selective. The selection committee is looking for individuals who demonstrate excellence in the following areas:
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusivity
- Academic Achievement / Leadership
- Career Exploration / Articulation of Interest
Timeline for Camp Emerge Application and Selection (Updated)
- May 4, 2018: Priority Application Deadline
- June 1, 2018: Application Deadline*
*APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED! Applications will be received on a rolling basis dependent on space availability.
- August 2 - 4, 2018: Camp Emerge