Designed for YOU!
Project Emerge is a personal and professional developmental program for high-potential diverse college junior and senior undergraduate students, as well as emerging professionals (with 1-2 years’ experience), from ALL majors who wish to explore how their future can be positively impacted by business.
- Rising juniors and seniors and emerging professionals (1-2 years post-undergrad) interested in exploring a future in business
- People of color, women, LGBTQ, and first-generation students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply
- Curious learners eager to gain perspective from diverse backgrounds, disciplines, and experiences
- Community leaders, now or in the future, interested in growing skills to lead in their careers and communities
The Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota believes that, no matter the industry, focus, or goals of a student, a foundational knowledge of business is a critical component of career development and success. Through Project Emerge, we strive to introduce diverse groups of students to the fundamentals of business, explain how business applies to individual career interests, and help participants acquire new knowledge.
- Personal Development
- Envision yourself in the business world
- Develop your personal brand with a personality inventory assessment and webinar leadership series
- Professional Development
- Gain exposure to functional areas of business
- Experience functional corporate tours, corporate speaker series, and networking events with Twin Cities students and professionals
- Receive GMAT education and support
- Cultural Development
- Build a diverse community of high-achieving individuals
- Participate in Carlson School diversity programming events and diversity leadership conferences
- Join a national community of women (Forté Rising Stars, women)
For more information, email ProjectE@umn.edu.