Financial Certification Statement Instructions
The Financial Certification Statement is found on page 4 of the Application for International Exchange Admission. This form is used to request your visa documents and must be filled in completely and accurately.
Dates of Exchange Program 2013–2014
|Fall Semester||September 3, 2013– December 19, 2013|
|Spring Semester||January 21, 2014 – May 17, 2014|
|Academic Year||September 3, 2013 – May 17, 2014|
To obtain a U.S. visa, exchange students for the 2013–2014 academic year must provide additional funding of at least USD $8,900 per semester (USD $17,800 for full-year students). Total funding must be at least USD $16,850 (USD $32,500 for full-year students). While it is possible to demonstrate more total funding than total expenses, you cannot demonstrate less. You must also disclose and provide proof of all governmental funding you will receive during the exchange program.
|Tuition||Fall or Spring: $8,900 x 1 semester = $8,900
Full Year: $8,900 x 2 semesters = $17,800
The sponsoring college or department is Carlson School of Management
|Student Fees||Fall or Spring: $1,000 x 1 semester = $1,000
Full Year: $1,000 x 2 semesters = $2,000
|Living Expenses||Fall or Spring: $1,200 x 5 months = $6,000
Full Year: $1,200 x 9 months = $10,800
|Health Insurance||Fall or Spring: $990 X 1 semester = $990
Full Year: $990 x 2 semesters = $1,980
Fall or Spring: $16,890
Sources of Funding
1. U of M college or department
Fall or Spring: $9,900
Full Year: $19,800
The Carlson School pays your tuition and most of your student fees as part of the exchange agreement with your home university.
2. U.S. government agency If you will receive funding from a US government office while you are at the University of Minnesota, enter that amount in this section. You will need to provide proof of funding in the form of a letter from the governmental agency.
3. International Organizations If you receive funding from international organizations, enter the amount in this section. You will need to provide proof of this funding in the form of a letter from the organization.
4. Exchange visitor's government f you receive funding from your own government, enter the amount in this section. You will need to provide proof of this funding in the form of a letter from the governmental agency.
5. All other organizations providing support If you receive funding from other organizations, enter the amount in this section. You will need to provide proof of funding.
6. Personal or family funds You will need to provide proof of your personal or family funds in the form of a bank statement or letter from your bank.