Training Tailored to Your Needs
LES offers customized education to union locals, councils and districts in a broad number of subject areas, all specifically tailored to your union's and members' needs. We are available to bring the education to you or offer training in an on-campus setting. Training is also available in any number of time formats: weekdays/evenings or weekends.
Organizational Development Services
LES staff are skilled at working with union executive boards, staff and member committees on a range of organizational development needs. This includes strategic planning sessions, meeting facilitation, assistance with equity/diversity issues, labor/community initiatives and conflict resolution.
Examples of Customized Programming
The Labor Education Service has conducted various training programs in the Twin Cities Metro Area and Greater Minnesota. Below are some examples:
- Week-long Leadership Programs with the United Steel Workers District 11, and the National Association of Letter Carriers, Region 7.
- Weekend two-day Steward Training programs with the Office & Professional Employees International Union Local 12 and weekday two-day Steward Training programs with the Minnesota Association of Professional Employees.
- Weekday one-day Steward Training programs with the American Federation of Government Employees, Locals 1969 and 3669 and weekend one-day training programs with the United Food & Commercial Workers Local 789.
- One-half day Grievance Training program with the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1005.
- Weekday evening Membership Leadership Training program with the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 49.
- Five monthly all-day Executive Board Trainings with the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1005.