Advising the Next Generation of Entrepreneurs
Since the beginning of the Holmes Center, knowledgeable and experienced individuals have played a pivotal role in helping entrepreneurs gain skills, get feedback, and grow their networks. With over 400 active mentors in the Holmes Center network, we’ve partnered with TrustedPeer to create the University of Minnesota Mentor Network. Whether you’re looking to give back to the business/startup community, dip into the startup world or find passionate people to innovate with, we’re here to support you with our mentor network. Mentors have any of the following:
- Experience assisting technology startups in the commercialization process
- Experience in a high-growth, entrepreneurial setting
- Industry-specific expertise
- Business executive insights
Get involved by becoming a mentor for any of the programs below! Each program is structured to help a specific audience gain skills related to entrepreneurship and technology commercialization; when you fill out the interest form, we make a note of which audience(s) you have an interest in being a mentor for. When we have a match with a student, we'll send you an email and ask if you're available and willing to mentor them for the program period.
- The largest statewide startup competition in the country, supporting emerging entrepreneurs through events, educational programming, and an annual competition
- MIN-Corps is a National Science Foundation Innovation Corps program that develops talent and catalyzes technology commercialization across the University of Minnesota.
MN Venture Builders
- In partnership with Launch MN, Venture Builders is the entrepreneurial education platform for Minnesota's statewide entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- An open-ended mentorship platform, entrepreneurs from all regions of Minnesota come together to find insightful and experienced mentors to help their startups succeed.
- A program from MN-DEED.
- Grow North works to create an interconnected, sophisticated, invested, and accessible ecosystem for Minnesota's food and agriculture entrepreneurs and innovators through acting as a connector, resource aggregator, and ecosystem navigator.
- Download a pdf with more information about our programs