All credit-bearing courses abroad offered by CGI or the Learning Abroad Center (LAC) fulfill the Carlson International Experience.
- Some Global Enrichment programs fulfill a degree requirement for all Carlson undergraduate students (ACCT 3001, HRIR 3021, and MGMT 3033W) and may also fulfill a liberal education or writing intensive requirement.
- 3 Global Enrichment programs fulfill a degree requirement for some Carlson undergraduate students, depending on their major and other coursework already taken (MGMT 3010, MGMT 4050, and MKTG 4082W) and may also fulfill a liberal education or writing intensive requirement.
- 1 Global Enrichment program is an elective course for Carlson undergraduate students (IBUS 3080), and fulfills liberal education requirements.
- Courses taught abroad at partner business schools (Global Immersion and summer programs) commonly fulfill Carlson major and minor requirements. Students generally plan to receive credit for 1-2 courses toward their major or another specific requirement while the other credits are electives.
- A semester abroad fulfills 1 honors course and 1 honors experience for the Undergraduate Honors Program. A short-term program fulfills 1 honors experience.
- All Carlson students have a percentage of their total credits (120 required to graduate) available as elective credit. Taking an elective course abroad is an excellent opportunity to study a unique subject which may not be available to them at the University of Minnesota.
- Some major courses are offered only once per year. Students should consult with their academic adviser when planning the timing of a semester abroad.