On August 25th and 26th, each startup company delivered a 12-minute live presentation, followed by 12 minutes of Q & A from judges. After judges reviewed each of the 3 companies within the division, the division winner and division runner-up were selected. The winner of each division took home $30,000 and the runner-up received $5,000 to support their business idea. Congratulations to our 2015 winners!
- Division Winner: WOODCHUCK USA, Hennepin County
- Division Runner-Up: Cooper & Kid, Hennepin County, Woman led team
Life Science/Health IT:
- Division Winner: Learn to Live, LLC, Hennepin County
- Division Runner-Up: POPS! Diabetes Care, Washington County
- Division Winner: Civic Eagle, Ramsey County, Woman led team
- Division Runner-Up: Breaking Bread, Hennepin County, Woman led team
- Division Winner: Ova Woman LLC, Hennepin County, Woman led team
- Division Runner-Up: RED Foods, Hennepin County, Women led team
The division winners advance to the final round of the competition. These seven companies will present to the MN Cup Grand Prize Review Board on September 9 for a chance at an additional $50,000 to fund their business.
The winner of the 2015 MN Cup and of $50,000 in prize money will be announced LIVE at the Final Awards Event on the evening of September 9 at 5:00 PM at McNamara Alumni Center located on the University of Minnesota campus. The AARP will award a $5,000 prize for an innovation that improves the lives of seniors, and two audience favorite winners will receive an additional $1,000. Again this year, the Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation will provide $25,000 in seed funding to the top entry from that region of Minnesota.