Reserve the Labs
Before You Reserve the Lab
- Prior to IRB approval, please discuss your lab needs with the Lab Manager. ***Don't forget to check out CLA's Research Support Services to determine if your study's needs would be better met by these resources. NOTE: If you plan to use the Anderson Hall Lab for your study you MUST schedule time in that lab with CLA directly well in advance of your study.***
- If your research includes Carlson School Paid Subject Pool use, please email your IRB approval letter, submission and any updates to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to completing the reservation form.
- Check the Labs Calendar for available time slots.
- Add the Labs Calendar to your own calendar by clicking on the "+GoogleCalendar" button located at the bottom right of the calendar.
- Filter calendar views by viewing the pull down menu when you click on the blue drop down arrow located at the top right of the page.
Reserving the Lab
Complete the Reservation Request Form. Once filled out completely, you will receive confirmation of your lab reservation within 24 business hours by email on weekdays when school is in session. If you haven’t, please email email@example.com.
- Do not request lab space more than 6 weeks in advance. Reservation requests more than 6 weeks out will not be scheduled unless special circumstances necessitate it. If continuous use of a lab is needed, researchers must submit a separate reservation request for each 6 week period. If a special circumstance requires you to reserve the labs early please include an explanation in the comments section of the reservation request form.
- To ensure no lab time is wasted, each researcher will be given a maximum of roughly 10% of the total available lab space per semester. This equates to roughly 1,900 available subject hours per researcher per semester. In the event you are unable to use the lab at your scheduled times, please email us to cancel your reservation as soon as possible, so other researchers may use the lab. Please do not schedule excess time in the lab. Time scheduled but not canceled in a timely manner will count towards your total usage.
- Please also make sure you are requesting time in the lab most appropriate for your research. The 3rd (3-114) and 4th (4-264) floor labs should only be used if your research specifically requires the resources available in those labs (i.e. separate confederate rooms, conference tables or video recording). If your research only requires use of computers and internet access please consider requesting time in the lower level (L-119) or first floor (1-148) labs. Please also remember the lab in Anderson Hall is available to CSOM researchers as well as CLA's Research Support Services.
- Always schedule time for testing your experiment in the lab you will be using at least one week ahead of your experiment. Give at least two weeks notice for any software installations. Please review the "READ ME" document, found on every lab computer desktop. This document contains important computer information and it is kept updated with the latest IT recommendations.
- A short security training is required for all lab users. Security software on lab computers can cause you to lose valuable data if you have not been trained. Please include the names of ALL people who will be using the lab in connection with your study on your lab reservation form and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule training. Please direct additional research assistants to arrange training as needed.
All labs in the Carlson School have restricted access. In order to gain card access to the labs you will be using, you must go through lab security training. Please contact the Lab Manager or the Lab Assistant at email@example.com to set up a training. After training your access to the lab will be requested. Please allow 48 hours for lab clearance processing.
Behavioral lab space can be reserved for developing experiments.
Locked storage will be given on a per-study basis, based on availability. General storage is available for limited, generic lab supplies. Please remove all your stored supplies at the end of your study. Food must be stored in hard sealed containers, available from the Lab Manager.
Please turn out all the lights when leaving the lab at the end of your reserved time. Food and/or beverages should always be kept away from the computers, and are allowed only if they are part of your study. Please indicate on your reservation form if food or beverage(s) will be involved in your study. Please discuss protection of electronic equipment with the lab manager. Report any special needs for lab cleaning maintenance or problems immediately following your experiments by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.