About the Program
Negotiation is the art and science of securing agreements between two or more parties. It is a skill that is central to all occupations and one that is used every single day. Negotiation is a skill that is critical to your success whether you are:
- Dealing with a highly political and emotionally charged situation
- Determining the price and terms when acquiring or selling products or services
- Allocating or requesting project resources for your teams
- Championing a new initiative for your company
- Navigating the political minefields of your firm
- Forming alliances or joint ventures with external partners
Discover expert tricks of the trade and convert that expertise into a competitive advantage. As you gain powerful and practical negotiation tactics, you’ll have the opportunity to practice these skills in several experiential exercises.
This course delivers immediate benefits. It will provide you with knowledge of a wide variety of powerful and practical negotiation skills and an opportunity to practice these skills in several experiential exercises. Participants leave the program with a firm understanding of the theory behind negotiations and the confidence to use different negotiation strategies and tactics.
Please note that "Strategic Negotiation & Collaborative Decision Making" was previously called "Effective Negotiations: Maximizing Results and Resolving Conflict."
- Middle and upper-level managers
- Executives in areas such as business development, marketing, mergers and acquisitions, purchasing, consulting, project management, human resources, strategic alliances, finance, e-commerce, manufacturing, engineering, non-profit administration, and general management.
- Cultivate sustainable relationships through the negotiation process
- Harness the psychology of influence tactics to help you formulate a winning negotiation strategy
- Understand how your conflict management style influences your selection of strategies and tactics in a negotiation
- Learn the tricks-of-the-trade of expert negotiators
- Convert your negotiation foes into allies
- Convert your negotiation expertise into a competitive advantage for your organization
NBA Signing Negotiation - Distributive Negotiations
Debrief NBA Signing
Negotiation and Influence Tactics
Supplier Negotiation - Integrative Negotiations
Debrief Supplier Negotiation
Conflict and Negotiation
Lori Abrams is a Strategic and Organizational Communication Consultant with broad-based experience in workforce optimization, organizational development, and change management.
Priti Pradhan Shah, PhD, is a Professor in the Department of Work and Organizations at the Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota. Her primary research areas include social networks, teams, and decision-making.