About the Program
Digital technologies continue to disrupt incumbents and reshape industries. Even tech firms are not immune and can find themselves disrupted by newer, savvier competitors. Organizations that understand how to utilize digital technology and that have a culture that embraces these changes will continue to thrive. The firms that are not able to adapt to this new reality will join the ranks of the many once mighty, but now fallen. This course will enable participants to sharpen their digital mindsets and become change agents.
In this two-day interactive program, participants will learn how to reimagine their operations and businesses, including considering digital ecosystems versus traditional hierarchical structures. The course discussions will include how traditional companies can evaluate opportunities and catch up to digital-first firms in key areas. Leaders will learn how to build a culture of embracing digital transformation that puts the focus on consumer behavior and data to drive innovation and change. The focus will be on strategies for designing, monetizing, and launching a product platform to create value and realize revenue.
Carlson faculty, who have had extensive experience consulting with industry, will share major trends driving the digital revolution in firms as well as how digital-first firms create winning strategies, make bold decisions, and utilize data as an asset. Interactive discussions with peers in large and small groups will offer opportunities to learn from case studies as well as participants’ current challenges and opportunities. A broad array of topics will be discussed, including:
- How to create a winning digital strategy and fuel innovation using data, algorithms, AI, and platforms? What’s the difference between a Tesla or a Peloton and their traditional counterparts?
- How to create value using platform thinking?
- How to convert your data into an asset for operations using predictive modeling?
- What is Generative AI (ChatGPT) and how can it be used? What pitfalls do leaders need to watch for?
The program includes multiple hands-on experiences, including an innovation exercise, a pricing game, and an interactive platform simulation.
This course will help you develop an understanding of these trends and the ability to analyze the strategic aspects of digital transformation. You will leave the course with a playbook, including practical tools and frameworks to consider as you help to digitally transform your organization.
- General Managers
- Identify key factors that drive successful digital transformation
- Discover the crucial role that company culture plays in transformation and how to nurture positive change behavior
- Learn how to leverage digital capabilities to evolve product strategies into platform strategies
- Enhance ability to identify, scope, and implement analytics-aided initiatives and innovation
- Explore the latest in tech capabilities and their potential opportunities and implications
- Gain practical tools and frameworks to aid the implementation of digital transformation
Digital Technology Enabled Industry Disruption
Business Analytics Sprint
Platform Pricing In-Class Game
Artificial Intelligence, ChatGPT & Generative AI-Based Business Models
Dr. Bapna currently serves as the Curtis L. Carlson Chair in Business Analytics and Information Systems and the Academic Director of the Analytics for Good Institute at the University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management. He has also served as Chief Data Scientist at Mississippi River Capital LLC, a Minneapolis-based hedge fund.