Creating High-Performance Teams
In this highly interactive session, participants will engage in a series of experiential exercises designed to increase their ability to effectively assess and lead teamwork. Short presentations, individual assessments, small and full group discussions will accelerate learning and application to the real-world setting.
About This Program
This course will give you the tools and resources to develop high-functioning teams are vital to your organization’s success. You’ll learn how to create and lead a team that drives business results. Coursework focuses on ways to develop accountability, diplomatically work through conflict, and provide constructive feedback. You’ll learn to fine-tune your observation skills to assess team dynamics and intervene on the spot. Focus will be on developing team agility as the organization faces change and recognizing potential missteps and learning how to avoid them.
The Live Online Experience
Through the Carlson Executive Education live online experience, you’ll immerse yourself in cutting-edge business coursework and connect with peers and Carlson faculty from the convenience of wherever you are. Live online courses are designed to be interactive and are in real-time. Your cohort will work through group discussions, including direct faculty interaction. You’ll finish the course with valuable insights to apply at work, as well as a new network of peers. Live Online FAQ.
- Emerging to mid-level leaders who are responsible for improving the performance of their company’s employees
- Director, supervisor, manager, group leader, or team leader
- Anyone responsible for facilitating collaboration or coaching
- Identify the characteristics of high-performance teams and their leaders
- Effectively lead team members from kickoff, through roadblocks, to goal attainment
- Manage workstyle differences between team members
- Inspire shared accountability in cross-functional teamwork
- Productively manage conflict among team members
Additional Course Details
Stages of team development
Assessment discussion (completed before session): Kolbe Index
High-performance team interaction patterns
Cross-functional team dynamics, including challenges in advocacy, shared accountability, and negotiation skills
Approaches to conflict situations
Challenges in dealing with change
Facilitating problem-solving and decision-making