November 6th, 2018
Deadline to apply: September 30th
NYC (reimbursement available)
The Women's Association of Venture and Equity (WAVE), a non-profit organization committed to the development and advancement of women in private equity and venture capital, is holding its Second Annual Women in Alternatives Career Access Forum on Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at the Hilton Midtown Hotel in New York. The Career Access Forum advances WAVE’s mission to broaden the funnel of women entering the alternatives industry and provides candidates the opportunity to learn, engage, and network with industry veterans across the spectrum of private equity careers (including buyout, venture capital, limited partners, placement agents, fund of funds, distressed, real estate, infrastructure, energy, and private credit). Blackstone and Landmark Partners are co-Lead sponsors. Platinum sponsors are The Carlyle Group, Madison Dearborn Partners, StepStone Group, and KKR, and Lindsay Goldberg, Siris and TPG are Host sponsors.
Interested candidates for the 2018 Career Access Forum need to apply for registration. WAVE welcomes applications from women who are interested in learning about or wanting to work in the alternatives industry including, but not limited to: undergraduate students, MBA students, investment banking analysts/associates, management consulting analysts/associates, accountants, lawyers, marketers, entrepreneurs and operators. Registration opened on August 27 and candidates must submit resumes by September 30, 2018; candidates will be notified of participation acceptance by October 15, 2018. All candidates will be included in a resume book that will be available to participating firms. Registration for candidates is free (however a $50 no-show fee will be charged if accepted candidates miss the event without notice). WAVE also offers a limited number of complimentary hotel rooms on a first come / first serve basis and can offer reimbursements for travel costs for out of town candidates, ranging from $200 to $400 per person.
To apply, resumes can be submitted through the online application available at the WAVE website: www.women-wave.org beginning on August 27.
The online application is now available for students (undergrad to 2 to 3 years post grad). Below are details for the application process:
· The event page on our website can be viewed here.
· Candidate application timeframe is from August 27 to September 30, 2018
· Candidates will be notified by October 15 if accepted
· The application can be directly accessed here and must be accompanied by an uploaded resume (URL to upload resume is included near the end of the application)
· There is no fee to apply, but there will be a $50 no-show fee for accepted candidates that register for the event but do not attend
· Thanks to our host sponsors (Lindsay Goldberg, Siris Capital and TPG), WAVE can offer reimbursements for travel costs for out of town candidates. The value of the travel stipend will range from $200-400 based on distance of travel and need. We also have a limited block of complimentary rooms available on a first-come, first serve basis.
· In addition, even if students cannot attend the event, we encourage them to apply since their resume will be included in a resume book that will be sent to all participating firms.
WAVE Career Forum Committee:
Sarah Camougis, Choate, Hall & Stewart
Anna Marie Curran, Moelis & Company
Julie Gionfriddo, Apple Tree Partners
Sarah Kim, Halyard Capital
Elena Millner, Lockton Companies
Jane P Moncreiff
Kirsty McGuire, StepStone Group
Chrissie Pariso, Exelon
Helen Quick, Locust Point Capital
Kathryn Regan, Landmark Partners
Julianne Tamasy, Square 1 Bank
Shannon Zoller, Tephra Advisors