In 2012, a group of tax professionals, together with the MBT program leadership team, formed the Master of Business Taxation Advisory Board. The board's mission is to advise program leadership on strategic matters, as well as communicate the needs of the tax and business community to ensure the program is meeting those needs. The board also promotes and advocates enrollment in the MBT Program, and assists in building and maintaining the value it creates for students, alumni, and the business community.
The board works closely with program leadership and provides feedback and assistance with matters including curriculum, benchmarking activities, surveys, communication, enrollment, etc. Constructive and timely input from a variety of firms, companies, and government agencies is critical to ensuring the program continues to meet the greater needs of the tax community and adjusts to ongoing changes in global taxation.
The board is made up of members of the greater Twin Cities tax community, including representatives from public accounting firms, public and private companies, government agencies, alumni, as well as a current adjunct faculty member and a recent graduate from the MBT program.
2016-2017 MBT Advisory Board
- Jack Reif (Retired Target Corporation), Chair
- Mike Metz (BDO), Vice Chair
- Kyle Anderson (PwC), Alumni Representative
- Laura Bethke (The Mosaic Company)
- Brad Fritz (Deloitte)
- Kathy Garrison (General Mills)
- Virginia Harn (CliftonLarsonAllen), Adjunct Faculty Representative
- Fred Jacobs (Retired MBT Director)
- Jim Peterson (Carlson), Chair 2012-2014
- Laura Bethke (The Mosaic Company), Chair 2014-2015
- Brad Zilka (Retired IRS), Chair 2015-2016
[Past board members: Rebecca Paulsen (US Bank), 2012-2014; Adam Goehring (Deloitte), Alumni Representative, 2012-2014, Dale Busacker (Grant Thornton - Adjunct Faculty)]
One of the missions of the Board is to ensure the MBT Program is meeting the needs of the tax community. We would like to hear from you. Please submit questions, comments, or suggestions to the advisory board at firstname.lastname@example.org.