Career Services for Part-Time MBA Students
The Graduate Business Career Center (GBCC) offers a wide range of services and resources specifically designed with part-time students in mind.
With six full-time career coaches and 20 specialized coaches from a variety of industries, the GBCC can help you launch the next phase of your career—wherever and whatever that might be. Whether you are looking to shift sectors, climb the ladder at your current employer, or completely reinvent yourself, the GBCC can help you find and reach what’s next
- One-on-one sessions by appointment
- Daily lunch-hour, first-come, first-served express coaching
- Skyway advising in downtown Minneapolis
- Phone and Skype appointments
- Fun Fridays: Visits to local companies
- Virtual Resumania: Connect with real recruiters for resume feedback
- Careers & Beers: TED-style career talks from alumni, staff, students, and local professionals
- Coffee with BD: Connect with our business development team to explore contacts at different companies
- Greenlight Program: Prepare for MBA hiring season with two evenings of tips on resumes, networking, LinkedIn, interviewing, and more
- Career Treks: Visits to cities across the country
- Webinars: Lunchtime sessions on topics ranging from on-campus recruiting to resumes (archived for year-round, on-demand access)
- Assessments: CareerLeader, Imperative
- Job search tools
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Interview preparation
- Offer evaluation and negotiation strategies
Questions? Connect with the GBCC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-0011.
Navigating a Career Transition
Part-Time MBA alum Grace Kasozi decided to change fields, completed her degree, and reoriented her career—all within 17 months.