Carlson School Orientation
Your orientation to the Online MBA program will prepare you to succeed academically and professionally. Hosted at the University of Minnesota’s Carlson School of Management in Minneapolis, orientation will be your opportunity to meet your fellow students, to discover your academic and career resources, and to get acquired with the format of your online classes.
As an Online MBA student, you will join a dedicated cohort of fellow students who progress through the curriculum together and forge connections with one another. Enjoy the benefits of a face-to-face student community virtually and through regular live programming offered by your MBA program staff.
Virtual Student Resources
- Academic advising
- Career coaching
- Enhanced virtual services and technology support
A Powerful Network
Join a powerful community of business leaders that’s shaping the way business is done all across the globe in more than 100 countries. By completing your degree, you’ll join the ranks of Carlson MBAs who hold senior leadership positions at major companies such as Amazon, Google, Starbucks, Target, and U.S. Bank. Professionally, our students come from virtually every area of the business world, representing more than 36 different industries and hundreds of employers.
The network is made up of:
- 1,000+ part-time and executive MBA students
- 220 full-time Carlson MBA students
- 55,000+ Carlson School alumni
- 445,000+ University of Minnesota alumni
- 142 full-time faculty
- 55 career coaches, advisors,and staff
- 2,500+ undergraduate Carlson School students
- Thousands of family members and partners
- Hundreds of partner companies and organizations