The possibilities for your career in business are vast. So whether you’re looking to advance your career or pivot to new opportunities, the Carlson School can help you get there.
Graduate Business Career Center Resources
The possibilities for your career in business are vast. The Graduate Business Career Center has close ties with hundreds of companies that recruit students like you. So whether you’d like to join a corporation, work for a non-profit, start your own business, or pursue an opportunity of your own creation, we’re behind you.
With four full-time career coaches and 20 specialized coaches from a variety of industries, the GBCC can help you launch the next phase of your career—wherever and whatever that might be. Whether you are looking to shift sectors, climb the ladder at your current employer, or completely reinvent yourself, the GBCC can help you find and reach what’s next.
Student Career Resources
- Career counseling
- Career tests
- Mock interviews
- Job search tools
- Networking events
- Resume reviews
- Career fairs
- Negotiation strategies
Powerful Alumni Network
With more than 50,000 members in 95 countries, the Carlson School alumni network forms a cross-section of some of the world's most influential business leaders.
Connect to a Thriving Business Community
- The Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area is home to 16 Fortune 500 companies
- Minnesota is one of the nation’s leading financial centers, offering banking, insurance, securities, and investment services from some of the most stable and trusted institutions in the country
- A healthcare industry hub, Minnesota is home to thousands of healthcare organizations and more than 500 FDA-approved medical technology manufacturers
- In 2015, Minnesota was named the fast-growing state for technology jobs in the United States
- The clean energy landscape is growing rapidly in Minnesota: the number of clean energy businesses has increased 122 percent since 2000
- The Carlson network can be found in corporations of all sizes, non-profits, and entrepreneurial business communities.