To apply for the Online MBA program, candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or a comparable degree from an officially recognized college or university outside of the U.S.
The Online MBA program begins either in the fall (September) or spring (January) semester. Applications are considered based on round deadlines and decision are sent out within a couple weeks of completing your application.
Deadlines that occur on a holiday or weekend will be extended through the next business day. We welcome questions about the admissions process and timeline. Please contact the admissions team at 612-625-5555 if you would like to discuss your application.
Application review for Fall
- Round 1: May 15 with a decision by June 1
- Round 2: June 15 with a decision by July 15
- Round 3: July 15 with a decision by August 1
Application review for Spring
- Round 1 deadline: October 15 with a decision by November 1
- Round 2 deadline: November 15 with a decision by December 15
- Round 3 deadline: December 15 with a decision by January 15
You must complete the application online.
Unofficial transcripts can be submitted through the online application. You will need to submit a transcript from each college or university where you have completed coursework before your application will be considered complete and reviewed by the admissions committee. Official transcripts will be required if you are admitted to the program.
A GMAT or GRE General Test that is not more than five years old is required for admission to the Distance MBA Program. For GMAT, arrange for the testing service to send an official score report to the Distance MBA Program, code D2N-VJ-40. Results normally arrive 2-3 weeks after the test. For GRE, arrange for the testing service to send an official score report to us using institution code 8387. Results may take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive.
Please note we don't have a minimum GMAT or GRE required score, but do have average scores.
Use the online application to provide the names of three professional references; one must be your current supervisor.
The personal statement questions are the following:
- Briefly describe your short-term and long-term career goals. Why are you choosing to pursue an MBA at this time in your career, and what are you hoping to accomplish by doing so?
- Why are you interested in pursuing an MBA at the Carlson School of Management?
- What do you feel makes you a strong candidate for the program? How will you contribute to the MBA Program overall?
The following tests are accepted:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International Language Testing Systems (IELTS)
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE)
For further details, visit the International Applications page.
The application fee is $75 (non-refundable) for U.S. citizens, international applications, and U.S. residents with foreign credentials. Your application fee will be waived if you have been on active duty in the U.S. military within three years of submitting your MBA application.
Submit a current resume that includes job responsibilities and accomplishments.
Applicants will be asked to complete two randomized video essay submissions in their online application. Applicants will havea 15 seconds to view the proposed question, followed by 30 seconds to answer the question. Video submissions can only be deleted by contacting your Carlson School admissions representative.'