The Carlson Online MBA program offers the flexibility for students to customize their courses to pursue their ideal career path. Establish a foundation of fundamental business knowledge through core classes that cover everything from accounting to marketing to supply chain and operations. Build your expertise by choosing from a wide range of electives that match your professional interests and career goals.
Learn more about elective course offerings by exploring the course listings below, grouped by functional area. The courses listed represent typical offerings in an academic year. Not all electives are offered every semester.
We offer several different course formats within our traditional fall, spring, and summer semesters - formats include in-person, condensed weekend, and online courses. Primarily courses will be taken in virtual or online formats. You can access courses anytime and anywhere to allow maximum flexibility. Instructors provide materials and assignments that students access online at any time or within a given time frame (such as one week), rather than instructors and students meeting together as a class on a regular schedule. Exams and group projects are also all online with opportunities for synchronous connection. Candidates can also still elect to take in-person weekday or weekend courses if their schedule allows.
MBA Course Formats:
2 Credit courses:
- A-term: first seven weeks of the semester, two credit core or elective courses.
- B-term: last seven weeks of the semester, two credit core or elective courses.
- Condensed: two credit core or elective courses, meeting three full days. This course may meet for three consecutive weeks, every other week for three weeks, or three times in two weeks. The timing of the condensed course offerings changes each semester. We now have some condensed courses that meet 4-5 times for half-days.
3 Credit courses: All three-credit courses are core courses.
4 Credit courses: All four-credit courses are elective courses.
Online MBA Core Courses & Electives
Our Online MBA is designed with the flexibility to fit your life. In addition to our online format courses, online MBA students can register for in-person coursework if they are able or take a weekend condensed course. More information on course delivery formats, please connect with a recruiter.
- MBA 6300 Strategic Management - 3 credits
- MBA 6120 Data Analysis & Statistics - 3 credits
- MBA 6030 Financial Accounting - 3 credits
- MBA 6220 Supply Chain & Operations - 3 credits
- MBA 6230 Financial Management - 3 credits
- MBA 6210 Marketing Management - 3 credits
- MBA 6110 Leading Others - 2 credits
- MBA 6315 Business Ethics - 2 credits
- MBA 6240 Competing in Data-Driven Age - 2 credits (IT Management requirement)
- MBA 6140 Managerial Economics - 2 credits (Economics requirement)
For the required International Experience course, navigate to the International Business/Study Abroad (IBUS) tab
- ACCT 6100 Financial Statement Analysis - 2 credits
- ACCT 5180 Advanced Reporting - 2 credits
Choose 1 of the following
- MGMT 6305 Int’l Environment of Business - 4 credits
- IDSC 6465 Global Sourcing of IT - 4 credits
- SCO 6081 Global Operations Strategy - 4 credits
- MKTG 6072 International Marketing - 4 credits
- IBUS 5/6xxx Global Enrichment - 4 credits
- IBUS 5/6xxx Global Immersion/Exchange - credits vary
- MCOM 5500 Exec. Image Communications - 2 credits
- MCOM 5510 Persuasive Writing in Business - 2 credits
- MCOM 5530 Strat. & Skills for Managerial Pres. - 2 credits
Any 6000-Level Courses
MGMT 5102 Startup: Customer Dev/Testing - 2 credits