The Carlson Online MBA curriculum mixes business fundamentals and a range of industry-specific electives, allowing students to tailor their education to their career interests and broaden their skill set.
You can complete your 52 credit Online MBA degree at your own pace, in as little as 2 years. With several different ways to take your coursework, you’ll have the ability to customize the program to meet your individual career needs. Students start the Online MBA program with a recommended sequence of core courses followed by elective course offerings tailored to help you broaden your skill set in the areas of business that are important to you.
Courses are offered on an academic semester schedule - fall, spring, and summer.
On-campus experiences further enhance the Online MBA program. These experiences deepen students' connections to the broader Minneapolis-St. Paul business community and strengthen their professional network.
Students participate in two designed residencies such as:
- An immersive orientation experience at the start of the program focused on providing students with essential tools and resources for academic success.
- Condensed format* or standard evening/weekend courses that supplements the online experience with in-person academic engagement.
- Global enrichment or immersive programs that provide students with hands-on learning opportunities in the international business community and gain exposure to diverse perspectives, economies, cultures, and business practices from around the world.
- Career workshops, professional conferences, case competitions, and other student leadership development events.
Explore the core curriculum and elective courses available in this online program.
Curious about the difference between our MBA programs? See a side-by-side comparison to find the best program for you.
Students in the Online MBA will have full access to Carlson MBA support and resources.
Interactive Academic Advising
The Carlson School offers flexible Academic Advising through virtual and phone advising, alongside a web-based learning platform (Moodle).
Online MBA students are provided with priority registration appointment times during their enrollment in the MBA programs.
- Participation in professional workshops and career conferences
- On-campus recruiting opportunities
- One-on-one career coaching
- Job search tools