The MBA Program offers scholarship and student engagement opportunities that encourage a highly diverse student body and support the academic success of students from historically underrepresented and non-traditional backgrounds.
The MBA Program offers several ways for students to help fund their graduate education. In addition to our merit-based scholarships, we have worked to create a robust base of scholarship funding for students typically underrepresented in the graduate study in management.
- Forté Fellowship - women focused
- Dr. Nancy "Rusty" Barceló Scholarship - women focused
- Carol E. Macpherson Memorial Scholarship - women focused
- The Carlson School Associate's Fellowship - high-ability minority-focused
- MBA scholarships - list of all
The Carlson School also collaborates with the following external organizations to provide scholarship funding for students the University of Minnesota recognizes as diverse.
- National Black MBA Association (National)
- National Black MBA Association (Twin Cities chapter)
- National Society of Hispanic MBAs (National)
- National Society of Hispanic MBAs (Minneapolis-St. Paul chapter)
- Pfund (GLBT communities)
- United Negro College Fund
- National Association of African Americans in Human Resources
The University of Minnesota and the Carlson School have a long history of supporting the co-curricular student experience through student organizations. Several of these student organizations are focused on diversity within the study of management.
The Carlson School of Management builds and sustains relationships with partner organizations for the mutual benefit of providing students with a network of support, employment opportunities, and career advancement.
These organizations and the University share common goals of educational advancement, development of relationships and networks, as well as providing the support and tools to underrepresented populations to succeed in the business world.
See the Carlson School Community: Diversity Visit Days
The Carlson School of Management MBA Programs invite you to get an up-close look at our nationally ranked programs and everything else the school has to offer. Visit any one of our four events to engage with prospective and current students with shared experiences, learn more about your academic experience here and immerse yourself in the diverse, inclusive community that is at the center of everything we do. No matter what your background, take the first step to finding your home at the Carlson School.