October 26-27, 2017
The Carlson MBA Program Office would like to invite you to campus for an exciting event designed to the showcase the Full - Time MBA world, the Twin Cities, and the Carlson School of Management. Through a variety of interactions with MBA students, staff, alumni and community members, we will offer an exclusive look at our Full – Time MBA program and our diverse community, both on and off campus.
A few highlights are below:
- Discover how our experiential learning opportunities, including the signature Carlson Enterprise programs, give you of hands-on real work experience in your chosen field.
- Experience a variety of professional development options in networking, test preparation, and leveraging affinity groups.
- Learn first-hand about the diverse career paths of our alumni and the path they took to get there.
- Have your questions answered: network with current MBA students who can provide an insider perspective on what life at the Carlson School is like.
- Get guidance on how to prepare your admissions materials to make an exceptional impression on the MBA program of your choice.
- Receive an early admissions decision, an exclusive opportunity for Connect with Carlson MBA attendees. Review the Admissions Application & Interview Section for more details.
- An extended (optional) Connect with Carlson MBA - Diversity Exploration on Saturday, October 28th from 8am - 12pm.
This event is by invitation only. If you would like to attend or have questions, please email us at email@example.com or call 612-625-5555.
The MBA Admissions Team
As an attendee of Connect with Carlson MBA, you will have an exclusive opportunity to receive an early admissions and scholarship decision by November 17th. To take advantage of this benefit, please review the time-line below:
- RSVP for Connect with Carlson by October 19th
- Submit your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 24th
- Interview at the event the morning of October 26th
- Submit your completed application by November 6th
- Receive an admissions decision by November 17th
Please make sure to indicate this preference when you register, or contact Jennifer Slesinski with your requests. A complete application is not required to interview.
The dress attire for the weekend's events will be business casual.
Transportation, Directions & Parking Information
Parking on both Thursday and Friday will be provided in the 19th Avenue Parking Ramp at the Carlson School of Management. As you enter the ramp, please take a ticket. We will provide you with a parking voucher upon check-in that will cover the cost of parking.
The Carlson School provides $300 airfare stipends to relieve the cost of domestic flights, and offers complimentary hotel accommodations for non-local attendees. Act now, as airfare stipends are limited. To be considered for a $300 airfare stipend, you must register for the event and start an admissions application.
Complimentary hotel accommodations are provided by the Carlson School. Once you register for the event, a reservation will be made for you for a two-night stay (Thursday - Friday) at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown in Minneapolis, Minnesota. At check-in, simply provide your name - that’s it!
You are responsible for your transportation to and from the airport- we will take care of your transportation during the event days. To learn more about your transportation options, Courtyard Marriott Downtown has provided some useful recommendations.
*If you would like to check your eligibility for such stipend, please contact Jennifer Slesinski. Information on how to book your airfare using our stipend will be provided to you upon registration.
**An additional hotel night may be available in the event that you opt in for an Admissions Interview on Thursday morning. These rooms will be offered on a space-available basis. Please contact Jennifer Slesinski with any questions or concerns.
Saturday, October 28, 8am-12pm
The “Connect with Carlson - Diversity Exploration” is a specially designed extended event intended for prospective Carlson School FTMBA students to consider their unique role within our community and the Twin Cities. The event will take place at Mixed Blood Theater. If you are local, please continue to park in the 19th avenue lot to receive validation. Mixed Blood is within walking distance of the lot. If you are staying at the Courtyard Marriott, an admissions representative will meet you in the hotel lobby to walk you to Mixed Blood. Check-in will be in the lobby of the theater.
During this customized experience, candidates will be offered an opportunity to hear first-hand accounts of successful diverse leadership (both at Carlson and within the Twin Cities business community), learn more about diversity resources and organizational partnerships at the Carlson School, and further expand a diversity network.