You've achieved success in your organization and career and are considered a leader by many. But are you a proactive leader? Are you able to look beyond your functional responsibility, get the most out of your team, and strategically guide your organization as a whole?
The Carlson Executive MBA Program (CEMBA) provides a host of offerings and opportunities that help you become a more effective leader. We accomplish this through:
- Innovative programming that furthers leadership development – Leadership is at the foundation of CEMBA's curriculum. We offer courses in Corporate Responsibility & Ethics and Leadership Development that address the decision-making tools required of senior managers to ethically and successfully lead. We start you off with personal leadership workshops in year one, addressing areas like executive presence. In your second year, you'll take that learning further in a structured leadership course and focus on goal-setting and plans with the use of 360 assessments.
- Opportunities to practice and improve new leadership skills – The Virtual Team Project allows you to experience firsthand what it takes to lead teams that operate across continents, cultures, and industries.
- Exposure and access to global business leaders – At the Carlson School, you'll have the ability to learn from C-level executives who regularly visit our classrooms and supplement case studies with their personal experiences. In addition, the international residency component of the program offers you a chance to engage business and government leaders in emerging and mature markets around the world. Past speakers include:
- Annie Young-Scrivner, ’04 CEMBA: CEO, Godiva
- Rob Cain, ’01 CEMBA: Managing Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Dr. Penny Wheeler: CEO, Allina Health
- Vivian Martin: Vice President of Consumer Insights, General Mills
- Jim Schroer: Former CEO, Carlson Marketing
- Mark Stoering, '93 CEMBA: President of Xcel Energy - WI & MI
- Phil Soran: Executive Chairman, Flipgrid
- May Kao Hang: President & CEO, Wilder Foundation
MBA Leadership - Sanjay Kuba - Carlson MBA
"I have a much more broad perspective on leadership on different areas of business. And when I left, I was able to really be much more proactive."