Enhance Your Career
Listing the Carlson School of Management on your resume is just the beginning. With the support of our Graduate Business Career Center team and their strong connections with alumni, businesses, and other organizations, you'll be able to develop your professional skills to help you stand out from the crowd.
Employment by Geographic Location
|Geographic Region||% Accepting New Jobs|
There are a variety of companies ranging from small to large and local to national that recruit our HRIR students. Below is a sample of the recent organizations that recruited students from our program.
Through a wide range of services and resources, the Graduate Business Career Center (GBCC) prepares Carlson School students for successful internship and job searches, and connects students to top companies across the country. The GBCC offers extensive services and resources to help you with all aspects of your career development, from career coaching and mock interviews to internship placement and negotiation strategies.
The GBCC will help you discover the career best suited to your interests, educational background, and professional goals. Some of the ways we can help are:
- Career exploration - Learning about yourself, the world of work, and where you best fit is an important first step for a successful business career, and GBCC provides valuable resources for this exploration process.
- Resume and Cover Letter Assistance - We'll help you customize your resume and cover letter to a specific type of employment opportunity.
- Interview Preparation - All graduate students can conduct a practice interview with a career coach and get immediate feedback on their interviewing skills.
- Job search tools - A well-planned job search strategy can help you stay focused and gain a competitive edge, whether launching or advancing your career, and we have several tools to make your job search easier and more efficient.
- Networking - We'll get you started with networking, both formally and informally. Networking is a process of connecting and building relationships with professionals, and involves giving and receiving help, information, and advice.
- Offer Evaluation and Negotiation - Talk one-on-one with a coach and obtain valuable Employment Statistics to help you make the most out of your offer.
- Library resources - We have the best, most up-to-date books on job search strategy, interviewing, resumes, and cover letters. You can check books out with your student ID at the GBCC office.
- One-on-One Career Coaching - Need career advice? Our professional career coaches can help with all aspects of your career development. From defining a business career that fits you best to negotiating job offers, your career coach will be with you every step of the way.
- On-Campus Interviews - Throughout the year, MHRIR are invited to more than 40 recruiting events. Each year, more than 100 employers recruit on campus for internships and full-time opportunities, while another 300 companies use the Carlson School external job posting system, TalentLink.
- Company Information Sessions - Company information sessions are an excellent opportunity for students to make an initial contact with a company representative. The company presentation gives you information about the company and position.
- Networking Receptions - There are several networking receptions planned by the GBCC every year – connecting students with potential employers.
- Career Workshops - Held during evening hours, the Carlson School offers 20- 30 workshops per year to provide career tools students can implement immediately.