Our Technology, Our Future
Tomorrow's technology is being invented today. However, the balance between technical possibilities and day-to-day practicalities is elusive. This workshop builds upon data-analytics, customer experience (CX) and human-centered design best practices, to help participants begin creating “our best world”.
Technology is the combination of art and knowledge. Participants will acquire human-centered design skills that support customer-led technology modernization strategies.
Moderators will divide participants into cohorts of three or four, and then coach them through the following activities:
- Data Gathering: Sourcing data from customers and the environment
- Visioning: Imagining what their “best world” is
- Ideation: Defining methods likely to create their best world; Considering resources in the environment to use
- Prototyping & Testing: Creating a technology or product model and testing it within the cohort
- Success Oversight: Gathering new data as the prototype is used, then applying changes as needed
- Adopting a human-centered approach and creative mindset (introduction to brain science and design thinking)
- Making customer experience (CX) the root of all organizational activities
- Quantitative and qualitative data gathering, analysis, and reporting for effective decision-making
Jeff began his career as Director of Student Research at Oakwood University, he later became the CEO of a strategic planning firm. He has served in a number of leadership roles including: Executive Director of a non-profit, Chairman of the Board, Senior Business Consultant and Executive Coach, and Steering Committee Chair. He is currently the Vice President for the Minneapolis NAACP. Jeff has a B.S. in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, a Six Sigma Black Belt Certification, A Graduate Certificate in Strategic Management, and a Master's Degree in Organizational Leadership with an emphasis on Creativity & Innovation. Jeff also brings with him research experience from Harvard and Florida Hospital Innovation Labs.
Jonathan has spent more than 15 years assisting organizations with technology modernization. Working with startups, Fortune 500, and non-profit organizations across the healthcare, science, government, and finance sectors, Jonathan's passion for customer experience and business strategy helps organizations realize the benefits of modern technology. Jonathan applies his bachelor’s degree from the University of Minnesota, intercultural communication experience, and several multi-disciplinary certifications to ensure customer success.