Online MBA - Career
The Carlson School’s position in the heart of Minneapolis grants Online MBA students access to a vibrant, diverse, and global business community. These companies recruit graduates, engage with students, and ensure the school’s degree programs are relevant to today’s business landscape.
Through experiential learning opportunities, course assignments, and virtual career services, you’ll leverage the Carlson School’s corporate connections.
The Carlson School’s Business Career Center (CBCC) allows you to virtually access the support you need. Work with a dedicated career coach to craft a plan to reach your goals and utilize a range of resources:
Need career advice? Our professional career coaches can help with all aspects of your career development. From defining a business career that fits you best to negotiating job offers, your career coach will be with you every step of the way.
Learning about yourself, the world of work, and where you best fit is an important first step for a successful business career, and CBCC provides valuable resources for this exploration process.
We'll get you started with networking, both formally and informally. Networking is a process of connecting and building relationships with professionals, and involves giving and receiving help, information, and advice.
A well-planned job search strategy can help you stay focused and gain a competitive edge, whether launching or advancing your career, and we have several tools to make your job search easier and more efficient.
We'll help you customize your resume and cover letter to a specific type of employment opportunity.
All graduate students can conduct a practice interview with a career coach and get immediate feedback on their interviewing skills.
Thriving Business Community
- The Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area is home to 15 Fortune 500 companies
- Minnesota is one of the nation’s leading financial centers, offering banking, insurance, securities, and investment services from some of the most stable and trusted institutions in the country
- A healthcare industry hub, Minnesota is home to thousands of healthcare organizations and more than 500 FDA-approved medical technology manufacturers
- In 2015, Minnesota was named the fast-growing state for technology jobs in the United States
- The clean energy landscape is growing rapidly in Minnesota: the number of clean energy businesses has increased 122 percent since 2000
- The Carlson network can be found in corporations of all sizes, non-profits, and entrepreneurial business communities.