Carlson Analytics Lab
The Carlson Analytics Lab works with client organizations of all sizes from any industry sector. Past clients have included both start-ups and Fortune 100 companies, from industries such as agriculture, healthcare, retail, consulting, travel and leisure, med tech, and manufacturing.
Now Seeking Project Proposals
Now through September 2017
Work with a team of skilled analytics professionals on a project for your company. You'll receive real results to answer a business question or advance a company initiative, and you'll get exposure to a significant pool of analytics talent. To propose a project idea, complete the request information form or contact Ellen Trader (firstname.lastname@example.org). Project application includes project definition sheet and letter of engagement.
- 15-20 projects per year
- 4-6 students per project team, supervised by faculty and professional staff
- Students earn course credit
- Projects must include real data.
- Partner assigns a project liaison to act as point person
- There is a project fee of $30,000
- Initial meetings with interested companies
- Project ideation and definition in collaboration with faculty
- Engagement agreements signed
- Detailed scoping of problem and deliverables
- Data security, legal needs resolved
- Project duration (14 weeks)
- Regular check-in meetings
- Mid-term presentation of work in progress
- Final project presentation
- Asset delivery and knowledge transfer in May
Clients from Polaris, Land O' Lakes, 3M, and other companies bring real data problems to the Carlson Analytics Lab.