Become a Client
Top Analytics Talent For Your Project
Work with a team of emerging analytics professionals and get high quality work to help answer a business question. The Carlson Analytics Lab works with client organizations of all sizes and from any industry sector. Past clients have included both start-ups and Fortune 100 companies, from industries such as agriculture, healthcare, retail, consulting, travel and leisure, med tech, and manufacturing.
Students Use Data to Answer Business Questions
Carlson School analytics students solved a real-world business problem in a case competition sponsored by PwC.
The Lab works on all kinds of data analytics projects. From exploratory analysis and predictive analytics to causal inference and prescriptive work, Lab projects span the continuum. Students gain skills in all aspects of our "House of Analytics" model.
- 15-20 projects per year
- 4-6 students per project team, supervised by faculty and professional staff
- Students earn course credit
- Projects must include real data
- Partner assigns a project liaison to act as point person
- There is a project fee of $30,000
- Initial meetings with interested companies
- Project ideation and definition in collaboration with faculty
- Engagement agreements signed
- Detailed scoping of problem and deliverables
- Data security, legal needs resolved
- Project duration (14 weeks)
- Regular check-in meetings
- Mid-term presentation of work in progress
- Final project presentation
- Asset delivery and knowledge transfer in May