The best way to attract talented students and build a stronger presence on campus is to follow a few steps:
- Visit campus and recruit each year. Companies that return each year are more familiar to students.
- Hold an information session before you interview. Sessions are typically held the afternoon or evening before you conduct interviews and give students an opportunity to meet recruiters and learn about your company.
- Recruit and hire summer interns. Former interns can be great ambassadors for your company and help you build name recognition among students.
- Make an on-campus presentation. The student organization GSHRL (Graduate Society of Human Resources Leaders) conducts brown bag lunches and informal presentations that feature speakers on contemporary HR practices. It's a great way to share knowledge and demonstrate your organization's leadership in HR.
- Ask CHRLS alumni to recruit. Students can more easily imagine themselves in an organization when they know other program alumni are already building successful careers there.
- Support the Center for Human Resources and Labor Studies's programs. Sponsoring a student fellowship or an event helps us produce high quality graduates and increases your image on campus.