Call for Speaking Proposals
Across the world, organizations are seeking to win in an increasingly complex and volatile marketplace. People in these organizations need to be highly skilled, nimble, and able to deliver results, but also keep costs in check. Human Resources professionals have a key role in helping these organizations succeed.
"Tools for Tomorrow: Evolving Your HR Skill Set" focuses on essential skills for HR. (In some cases, these skills have been talked about for years, but senior HR leaders point out the need for stronger skill demonstration.) We will present a conference with practical and applicable content so participants can bring a new behavior or idea back to their organizations.
The HR Tomorrow Conference provides an outstanding opportunity to showcase your expertise in front of a broad HR audience. Sessions are 70 minutes in length, and this year we will offer 3 styles of breakouts:
- Standard Presentation, leaving time for Q&A
- Learning Group Presentation, with the speaker presenting for 30 minutes, followed by facilitated learning among participants, using the speaker as a resource
- Panel Discussion with 3 people speaking on the same topic but offering different points of view; includes audience interaction and ability to ask questions
We are looking for breakout sessions that will provide a concentrated look into the following categories:
- Big Data/Little Data: Using Data Analytics in HR
- Workforce Planning: HR's Game Changer
- Building Coaching Skills for the HR Professional
- Talent Management in a Global, Fast-moving Competitive Environment
- New Uses of Social Media in Human Resources
Selected sessions and presenters should provide attendees with useful, realistic tools and strategies that may be shared and applied within their workplace. Your proposal should include:
- Presentation title
- Identification of applicable category
- Brief presentation description (up to 200 words)
- Well-defined, realistic learning objectives that can be achieved in the time allotted
- Description of how your presentation will either build a targeted skill OR show how that skill would make a positive impact in an organization
- Three meetings and/or conferences at which you have presented material (to demonstrate speaking experience)
- Brief bio (up to 500 words) highlighting your experience and/or academic background
Our conference facilities feature the latest technology, allowing for PowerPoint presentations, overhead projection, and video presentations. The deadline to submit your proposal was January 6, 2014. Review of the proposals will occur immediately following the deadline, with selection of final speakers expected by late January 2014.
We appreciate your interest. For questions, please email email@example.com or call 612-626-9748.