Global Matters is a speaker and video series designed to enrich Minnesota professionals’ global business acumen.
Global Matters Speaker Series
The semi-annual speaker series features speakers at the forefront of global business who share their expertise in emerging issues in international business and management. The events also serve as a platform for business, government, media and academic professionals engaged in global business to create and develop a valuable network.
Microsoft’s Global Transformation: Empowering Every Person and Organization to Achieve More
September 20, 2016
Featuring remarks from Microsoft’s Head of Global Talent Acquisition Chuck Edward
Today, we live in a mobile-first, cloud-first world, and Microsoft is transforming its businesses to enable everyone to thrive in this new world. Operating the company on a global scale brings unique challenges, and now more than ever, talent acquisition is at the forefront for Microsoft.
On September 20, Chuck Edward will outline the implications of Microsoft’s global transformation and the significance of competing for talent around the world. Edward has worked in various HR leadership roles at Microsoft since 2004.
- Global Mindset: What Is It and Why Does It Matter in Business Today? with Dr. Mansour Javidan (Fall 2013)
- Leadership Lessons from the Front Lines of Global Business with Shari Ballard, Chief Human Resources Office for Best Buy, Inc. (Spring 2014)
- Redefining Global Strategy with Dr. Pankaj Ghemawat (Fall 2014)
- Successfully Navigating Opportunities and Challenges in Global Business with Glenn Leitch, President of the Jennie-O Turkey Store (Spring 2015)
- A Conversation on Cuban Travel, Trade and Investment Prospects for Minnesota Business with Congressman Tom Emmer and a panel of Minnesota business leaders (Fall 2015)
- Global Matters: Achieving Growth in Challenging Markets with Sean N. Walker, President of Latin America, General Mills (Spring 2016)
These events are made possible by the generous support of our partners and sponsors.
Global Matters Video Series
The series publishes new content regularly. Click on the videos below to access the full collection. Don't forget to subcribe to this series on Youtube to recieve notice of new content additions.