The Carlson Global Institute's Education Abroad offerings are created to meet the needs of undergraduate students looking for business-focused abroad programming. Although Carlson School undergraduate students may fulfill their International Experience with any credit-bearing study abroad program, CGI's programs are designed to align with the Carlson curriculum and fulfill additional requirements for Carlson undergraduates.
There are two main program types available for Carlson undergraduates:
- Global Enrichment Programs: short-term Carlson faculty-led programs
- Global Immersion Programs
- Semester-length exchange programs, where students "exchange" places with a student at a partner university. These programs offer courses in English at top-ranked business schools around the world. Language skills may be required for certain locations.
- Summer Programs - three to six weeks, June through August, at a partner university.
- Experiential Programs - semester and summer options through a study abroad provider which include experiential business components such as unpaid internships, language courses or research projects.
We recommend that students speak with an Education Abroad adviser prior to applying to a program, to discuss financial aid & scholarships, health & safety, and the program details. Students may always come in for walk-in advising hours from 1:00-4:00pm Monday-Thursday during the academic year.