The Carlson Global Institute offers merit-based and need-based scholarships of up to $1,000 for full-time MBA students participating on CGI-sponsored programs. If you're interested in studying abroad, we encourage you to plan ahead, pick a program carefully, apply for scholarships well in advance and complete your financial aid paperwork on time.
Eligibility and Award Criteria
Carlson full-time MBA students participating in Carlson Global Institute (CGI) programs are eligible for a need-based scholarship and/or a merit-based scholarship. You may receive one need-based study abroad scholarship from CGI during your MBA career. Students who have already received a need-based award are still eligible for merit-based awards. You may apply for both scholarships for a program, but only one scholarship can be awarded for each education abroad program. If you are eligible for both awards for one program, you will receive the higher of the two amounts.
Priority Deadline for Scholarships
CGI reviews scholarship applications according to the cycles below. For full consideration, apply by the scholarship deadline on or nearest to your program application deadline. If you miss the scholarship deadline associated with your program, submit your application by the next cycle deadline. Applications received after a priority deadline will be reviewed in the next cycle on a funds-available basis.
NEED BASED AWARD:
- STATEMENT - Submit a statement of no more than 1 page, double spaced, 12-pt font and normal margins to answer the following prompt: Describe any personal or family circumstances not reflected in FAFSA that you think qualify you for a need-based award.
- CRITERIA - The statement will be reviewed along with FAFSA information to determine eligibility for a need-based award.
- Save the file with your last name in the title, (i.e. Smith-financialneed.doc)
MERIT BASED AWARD:
- ESSAY - To be considered for merit-based awards, submit an essay of no more than 1 page, double spaced, 12-pt font and normal margins to answer the following question: What international business issue do you find most interesting and why?
- CRITERIA - The statement will be reviewed along with GPA and transcript information to determine eligibility for a merit-based award.
- Save the file with your last name in the title, (i.e. Smith-scholarship.doc)
CGI Scholarship Cycles
|Scholarship Deadline||Scholarship Notification|
|March 1||April 1|
|April 1||May 1|
|July 1||August 1|
|October 1||November 1|
|December 15||January 15|
Notifications will be sent by email by the date above, or the following weekday if it falls on a weekend or holiday.