The University of Minnesota CIBER provides multiple professional development opportunities for educators. Additional Faculty Development in International Business (FDIB) programs are available through the CIBER network.
Overseas opportunities for faculty to explore current business practice around the world. Programs include:
- PDIB Scandinavia - A 12-day program showcasing sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) practices and research in Scandinavia. Travel destinations include Copenhagen, Denmark and Stockholm, Sweden.
- Professional Development Program in Short-Term Education Abroad - Regional faculty members can participate in Carlson School short-term education abroad programs at the undergraduate or MBA level. Recent programs include China, Central and Eastern Europe and Australia.
- Faculty Development in International Business programs through CIBER network - We sponsor faculty to participate in FDIBs offered through other CIBER schools. Recent programs include PDIB Mercosur, FDIB Southeast Asia, PDIB India and FDIB Africa.
Professional development programs in the U.S:
- Annual CIBER Business Language Conference.
- International Business Institute for community college faculty hosted by Michigan State University.
- Globalizing Minority-Serving Institutions program hosted by Georgia State University CIBER.
- Professional development programming through the University of Minnesota Insitute for Global Studies.