|April 17, 2017 - April 19, 2017||Monday - Wednesday||9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.||$3,800|
Learn the art and science of building winning negotiation strategies. This program covers the basics of planning, distributive and win-win negotiations, groups problem solving, multi-party negotiations, and more. Discover expert tricks of the trade and convert that expertise into a competititve advantage.
Negotiation is the art and science of securing agreements between two or more parties. It is a skill that is central to all occupations and one that is used every single day. Negotiation is a skill that is critical to your success whether you are:
- Dealing with a highly political and emotionally charged situation
- Determining the price and terms when acquiring or selling products or services
- Allocating or requesting project resources for your teams
- Championing a new initiative for your company
- Navigating the political minefields of your firm
- Forming alliances or joint ventures with external partners
The Negotiation Strategies course delivers immediate benefits. It will provide you with knowledge of a wide variety of powerful and practical negotiation skills, and an opportunity to practice these skills in several experiential exercises. Participants leave the program with a firm understanding of the theory behind negotiations and the confidence to use different negotiation strategies and tactics.
- Cultivate sustainable relationships through the negotiation process
- Harness the psychology of influence tactics to help you formulate a winning negotiation strategy
- Understand how your conflict management style influences your selection of strategies and tactics in a negotiation
- Learn the tricks-of-the-trade of expert negotiators
- Convert your negotiation foes into allies
- Convert your negotiation expertise into a competitive advantage for your organization
This program is designed for managers who would like to enhance their influence, both within their organizations and externally with other organizations and vendors, by sharpening their negotiation abilities. Middle and upper-level managers in all types of industries and functional areas will benefit by attending. A typical audience might include executives in areas such as business development, marketing, mergers and acquisitions, purchasing, consulting, project management, human resources, strategic alliances, finance, e-commerce, manufacturing, engineering, non-profit administration, and general management.