The Consortium Institute of Management and Business Analysis (CIMBA) Summer Program: Paderno del Grappa
|May 15 - June 9th, 2017|
- At CIMBA, students immerse themselves in a wide range of rigorous courses while living amidst the Venetian countryside in one of the most popular travel and study destinatiosn in the world.
- The CIMBA campus is located in Paderno del Grappa at the base of the Italian Alps in northern Italy - an hour north of Venice.
- Paderno del Grappa is also in the heart of Italy's Veneto Region, which includes natural beauty and pictureseque old-town centers, as well a powerful buisness community, with more than 450,000 companies housed in the region.
- Students live in on-campus dormitory style housing in either single or double rooms
- Housing and a meal plan for week days are included in the CIMBA Program Fee
Academics and credits
- Students enroll in two courses during the CIMBA summer program
- Business and non-business courses are offered
- Students earn 3 credits for each class for a total of 6 UMN credits for the summer
- All grades transfer back as A/F on the UMN transcript
- UMN student who has successfully completed the I-Core curriculum or equivalent coursework
- Preference is given to Carlson School of Management students
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Additional criteria may apply
- The University of Minnesota is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Visa and Passport
- All Carlson students are responsible for obtaining a passport before they participate on a study abroad program
- All students participating on an exchange program will be responsible for obtaining a visa or residence permit if requried by their host country. The Carlson Global Institute will not process visa applications for students participating on exchange programs and are not visa experts.
Application and Admissions
To apply for an exchange program you must first apply through the Carlson Global Institute on the Apply page. You will be charged a $50 application fee for each term that you apply for a program. If you apply for two programs in Fall semester you will be charged $50. If you apply for one program in Fall semester and one in Spring semester you will be charged $100. The priority deadline for Summer 2017 is February 1, 2017. Applications for Summer 2017 will open the first day of Fall 2016. Applications for programs that do not fill by the priority deadline will be accepted on a rolling basis until full. Applications will be reviewed and students will be informed of their status within 6 weeks of the priority deadline. Once accepted into an exchange program, you will also complete an application to the host university.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Cost estimate (Summary)
These estimates will vary based on student preference and exchange rates. All details subject to change based on economic and international factors. Most financial aid may be applied to study abroad programs. Students should also maintain their U.S.-based health insurance plan while abroad. Visa and passport costs are subject to change. Please verify current documentation costs with the Consulate.
Tuition, residence hall housing, 3 meals/day, books, some local transportation, linens, laundry, and international health insurance are included in the program fee. Flight is not included.
|Estimated Expenses Summer 2017|
|CIMBA Tuition (paid to University of Iowa Student Account)||$6,592|
|CGI Program Fee (charged to UMN student account)||$750|
|Transportation (to and from program site)||$1,200|
|Documentation (passport, visa, immunization)||$165|
|Books and Materials||$0 (included in Program Fee)|
|Room and/or Board||$2,200|
|Essential Daily Living Expenses||$500|
|CIMBA Application Fee||$40|