Copenhagen Business School International Summer University Program (ISUP): Copenhagen
|Arrival Day: June 23rd, 2017|
|Course Period: June 26 -July 28, 2017|
|Exam Period: July 31st - August 4, 2017|
- CBS is one of the largest business schools in Europe with close to 20,000 students and offers world-class research based degree programs at undergraduate, graduate, and PhD levels.
- Located just minutes from Central Station and the Tivoli Gardens amusement park, Copenhagen Business School (CBS) provides you with excellent support and services as a Carlson School exchange student. CBS is the second largest business school in all of Europe and enjoys intimate ties with both the local and international business communities. As an internationally-focused university, CBS students gather from around the world to exchange ideas and impressions as they share success in putting their skills into practice.
- CBS provides accommodations for ISUP participants for the duration of the ISUP program
- Applications instructions, cost information, housing options and arrival information can be found on the ISUP website
Academics and credits
- Undergraduate students enroll in two courses during the ISUP program
- Students pick their courses from a list of over 50 offerings and can take classes in business or non business courses
- Undergraduate students enroll in two courses for 4 credits each (8 UMN credits total) on the ISUP program
- Specific course information can be found on the ISUP website
- The ISUP program will transfer back as S/N grading
- No host country language skills required
- UMN student who has successfully completed the I-Core curriculum or equivalent coursework
- Preference is given to Carlson School of Management students
- Preferred minimum GPA of 3.0
- Additional criteria may apply
- The University of Minnesota is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation
Visa and Passport
- All Carlson students are responsible for obtaining a passport before they participate on a study abroad program
- All students participating on a summer program will be responsible for obtaining a visa or residence permit if requried by their host country. The Carlson Global Institute does not process visa applications for students participating on exchange programs
Application and Admissions
To apply for an exchange program you must first apply through the Carlson Global Institute on the Apply page. You will be charged a $50 application fee for each term that you apply for a program. If you apply for two programs in Fall semester you will be charged $50. If you apply for one program in Fall semester and one in Spring semester you will be charged $100. The priority deadline for Summer 2017 is February 1, 2017. Applications for Summer 2017 the first week of Fall 2016. Applications for programs that do not fill by the priority deadline will be accepted on a rolling basis until full. Applications will be reviewed and students will be informed of their status within 6 weeks of the priority deadline. Once accepted into an exchange program, you will also complete an application to the host university.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Cost estimate (Summary)
These estimates will vary based on student preference and exchange rates. All details subject to change based on economic and international factors. Most financial aid may be applied to study abroad programs. Students should also maintain their U.S.-based health insurance plan while abroad. Visa and passport costs are subject to change. Please verify current documentation costs with the host country consulate.
Program administration and international health insurance are included in the program fee. Flight, dorm-style residence halls (arranged by CBS), and the ISUP Social Package are not included.
|Estimated Expenses Summer 2017|
|Carlson School Tuition (charged to UMN student account)||Per-credit tuition rate for 8 credits|
|Program Fee (charged to UMN student account)**||$1500|
|Transportation (to and from program site)||$1200|
|Daily Living Expenses||$500|
|Social Package Fee||$100|
|Total||$7015 + tuition costs|