BI Norwegian Business Summer School: Oslo
|June 27 - July 22, 2016|
- BI Norwegian Business School is an internationally recognized and accredited private institution located in Oslo, the capital of Norway. I is one of Europe's largest and most productive academic environments in the areas of business, economics, marketing, finance, and management.
- Oslo offers a great variety of activities and scenery, from the throbbing city life full of cafes, restaurants, galleries, and shopping centers to outdoor activities in the mountains and woods.
- Oslo has more than 600,000 inhabitants, making the city big enough to benefit from everything a big city has to offer, but small enough to be a safe place to live
- BI provides accommodations for ISU participants for the duration of the ISU program
- All accomodations are within walking distance to the BI campus
- Applications instructions, cost information, housing options and arrival information can be found on the ISU website
Academics and credits
- All ISU participants enroll in "Intercultural Management: A Scandinavian Perspective" course worth 5 UMN credits
- All credits transfer back as S/N to the UMN
- Non-credit social and cultural courses and sessions are also avaiable to ISU particpants
- Specific information about the Interncultural Management course can be found on the ISU website
- No host country language skills required
- UMN student who has successfully completed the I-Core curriculum or equivalent coursework
- Preference is given to Carlson School of Management students
- Preferred minimum GPA of 3.0
- Additional criteria may apply
- The University of Minnesota is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation
Visa and Passport
- All Carlson students are responsible for obtaining a passport before they participate on a study abroad program
- All students participating on a summere program will be responsible for obtaining a visa or residence permit if requried by their host country. The Carlson Global Institute does not process visa applications for students participating on exchange programs
Application and Admissions
To apply for an exchange program you must first apply through the Carlson Global Institute on the Apply page. You will be charged a $50 application fee for each term that you apply for a program. If you apply for two programs in Fall semester you will be charged $50. If you apply for one program in Fall semester and one in Spring semester you will be charged $100. The priority deadline for Summer 2017 is February 1, 2017. Applications for Summer 2017 will open on the first day of the Fall 2016 semester. Applications for programs that do not fill by the priority deadline will be accepted on a rolling basis until full. Applications will be reviewed and students will be informed of their status within 6 weeks of the priority deadline. Once accepted into an exchange program, you will also complete an application to the host university.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Cost estimate (Summary)
These estimates will vary based on student preference and exchange rates. All details subject to change based on economic and international factors. Most financial aid may be applied to study abroad programs. Students should also maintain their U.S.-based health insurance plan while abroad. Visa and passport costs are subject to change. Please verify current documentation costs with the host country consulate.
Program administration and international health insurance are included in the program gee. Flight, apartment-style dorms near campus (and bedding), meals, personal expenses, and the activities fee are not included.
|Estimated Expenses Summer 2017|
|Carlson School Tuition (charged to UMN student account)||Per-credit tuition rate for 5 credits|
|Program Fee (charged to UMN student account)||$1500|
|Transportation (to and from program site)||$1200|
|Daily Living Expenses||$400|
|Total||$4800 + tuition costs|