Antai Global Summer School: Shanghai
|July 6 - July 24, 2015|
- With over one billion people and unique natural resources, China is the worlds largest emerging economy.
- With over 20 million inhabitants, Shanghai is the largest city by population in China and the largest city proper by population in the world. It is a global financial center, and a transport hub with the world's busiest container port. Shanghai is a popular tourist destination renowned for its historical landmarks such as The Bund, City of God Temple, Yu Garden and the extensive Lujiazui skyline.
- As the only business school in Mainland China triple-accredited by AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA, the Antai College of Economics & Management, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, aims to develop the highest-level managerial talent, with fully international viewpoints and capabilities, and the ability to compete in the global economy.
- All Global Summer School particpants may apply for on-campus housing for the duration of the program
- Housing costs are included in the Program Fee
Academics and credits
- The Global Summer School is a 3-week programing integrating intense business education in China.
- In addition to classroom teaching, the summer school program features company field trips, exectuive speaker sessions, as well as unique culutural and social events.
- Students earn 4 UMN credits
- Credits transfer back as S/N
- No host country language skills required
- UMN student who has successfully completed the I-Core curriculum or equivalent coursework
- Preference is given to Carlson School of Management students
- Preferred minimum GPA of 3.0
- Additional criteria may apply
- The University of Minnesota is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation
Visa and Passport
- All Carlson students are responsible for obtaining a passport before they participate on a study abroad program
- All students participating on a summer program will be responsible for obtaining a visa or residence permit if requried by their host country. The Carlson Global Institute does not process visa applications for students participating on exchange programs
Application and Admissions
To apply for an exchange program you must first apply through the Carlson Global Institute on the Apply page. You will be charged a $50 application fee for each term that you apply for a program. If you apply for two programs in Fall semester you will be charged $50. If you apply for one program in Fall semester and one in Spring semester you will be charged $100. The priority deadline for Summer 2016 is February 1, 2016. Applications for Summer 2016 will open on September 8th, 2015. Applications for programs that do not fill by the priority deadline will be accepted on a rolling basis until full. Applications will be reviewed and students will be informed of their status within 6 weeks of the priority deadline. Once accepted into an exchange program, you will also complete an application to the host university.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Cost estimate (Summary)
These estimates will vary based on student preference and exchange rates. All details subject to change based on economic and international factors. Most financial aid may be applied to study abroad programs. Students should also maintain their U.S.-based health insurance plan while abroad. Visa and passport costs are subject to change. Please verify current documentation costs with the host country consulate.
International health insurance, application fee, housing and dining, and field trips and activity fee (company visits and cultural immersion events) are included in the program fee. Personal expenses and flight are not included
|Estimated Expenses Summer 2015|
|Carlson School Tuition (charged to UMN student account)||Per-credit tuition rate for 4 credits|
|Program Fee (charged to UMN student account)||$1500|
|Transportation (to and from program site)||$1500|
|Total||$3660 + tuition costs|