Work and Organizations Dissertations and Papers
Recent Dissertation Titles
- "New Employee Socialization: The Roles of Social Networks," Yongjun Choi (2014)
- "When and How Does Workplace Envy Promote Job Performance? A Study on the Conditions & Mechanisms for the Functional Role of Envy in Workplace Behavior," KiYoung Lee (2014)
Student Publications and Presentations
- “Unethical Behavior for Self or Collective Benefit: The Role of Self-Construal,” 2013 Annual Meeting of Academy of Management, John-Gabriel Licht with Leroy, S., & Vohs, K.D.V.
- “Cognitive Load and Unethical Behavior: Idle Hands — the Devil’s Playground?” 29th Annual Conference of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, John-Gabriel Licht with Leroy, S.
- “Predictors of Abusive Supervision: An Emotional Regulation Perspective,” 29th Annual Conference of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology 2014, Lingtao Yu.
- “The Psychological Mechanism Explaining the Effects of Envy on its Consequences,” 2013 Annual Meeting of Academy of Management, Lingtao Yu with Vogel, R. and Duffy, M. K..
- “A Social Context Model of Envy in the Workplace.” In Smith. R. and Duffy, M. K. (Eds.), Oxford Handbook of envy and work (tentative) (forthcoming). Oxford University Press. Lingtao Yu with Duffy, M.K.
- “Cross-Cultural Management.” The Wiley Encyclopedia of Management 3e, (in press). Lingtao Lu with Zellmer-Bruhn, M.
- “Work-family conflict, self-regulation, and self-discrepant time allocation at work,” Society of Industrial Organizational Psychologists 2014, Patricia C. Dahm with Glomb, Theresa M., Manchester, Colleen Flaherty, & Leroy, Sophie.
- “Leaning In and Leaning Out: Developing a Work-Life Trade-offs Scale,” Society of Industrial Organizational Psychologists 2014, Patricia C. Dahm with Kim, Yeonka S., & Glomb, Theresa M.
- “Ironic Effects of Flexible Work Practices on Parents’ Career Success.” Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, 2013. Patricia C. Dahm with Leslie, Lisa M., Manchester, Colleen Flaherty.
- “The Effects of Unions on Innovation and Technology: Evidence from China,” Labor and Employment Relations Association, 65th Annual Meeting 2013, Qianyun Xie with W. Chi and X. Qian.
- “Learning through the Lens of your Job: Employee Commitment and Transferability of Human Capital,” American Economic Association, Annual Meeting, Labor and Employment Relations Association Sessions 2014, Qianyun Xie with C. F. Manchester.
- “The Impact of Family Characteristics on Reactions to Compensation Incentives,” Labor and Employment Relations Association, 66th Annual Meeting, Qianyun Xie.
- “What Do Unions in China Do? Provincial-Level Evidence on Wages, Employment, Productivity, and Economic Output.” (forthcoming), Journal of Labor Research. Qianyun Xie with J. W. Budd, W. Chi, and Y. Wang.
- “A Meta-Analytic Examination of Affect Balance,” Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology Conference 2014, Tao Yang with Lee, K., Bono, J. E., Yoon, D. J., Glomb, T. M., & Duffy, M. K.