SCO Dissertations and Papers
Recent Dissertation Titles
- "Buyback versus Revenue Sharing Contracts: Influence of Loss Aversion and Payment Timing," Yinghao Zhang (2013)
- "Health Care Supply Chain Design for Reducing Disparities in the Delivery of Care," E. David Zepeda (2012)
- "Sustaining High Quality Performance under a Dynamic Environment," Hung-Chung Su (2011)
- "Strategic-Buyer-Supplier Relationship Dissolution as Divorce: Metaphorical Transfer and Empirical Assessment," Yi-Su Chen (2010)
- " Health Care Supply Chain Design for Emerging Economics, " Emily Kohnke (2010)
- "Cognition and Individual Heterogeneity in Supply Chain Planning: A Study of Inventory," Brent Moritz (2010)
- "Managing Innovation and Improvement in High Technology Organizations," Aravind Chandrasekaran (2009)
- "Essays on Managing Distributed Technology Projects: Within & Between Firms and National Boundaries," Anant Mishra (2009)
- "Identifying & Mitigating the Antecedents of Supply Chain Disruptions: 3 Essays," Marco Haberman (2009)
- Quality Exploitation versus Quality Exploration: Measurement, Antecedent, and Performance Implications," Dongli Zhang (2009)
- " Managing Technologies in Supply Chains: Empirical Analysis of EMR Integration & CPOE Implementation in Health Care Organizations," Asoke Dey (2009)
Student Publications and Presentations
- “Medical Device Product Recall Research Overview,” Food and Drug Administration 2013 & 2014, George Ball with R. Shah.
- “Plant Operations and Product Recalls in Automotive Industry: An Empirical Investigation,” Wharton Empirical Conference 2013 and INFORMS Annual Meeting 2013, George Ball with R. Shah and S. Netessine.
- “Behavioral Biases and the Product Recall Decision,” Behavioral Operations Conference, 2013, George Ball with R. Shah and K. Donohue.
- “Product Recall Duration and Future Medical Device Recalls,” Decision Sciences Institute Annual Meeting 2013, George Ball with R. Shah.
- “Repurposing Materials and Waste through Online Exchanges,” POMS 2014 and INFORMS 2013, Suvrat Dhanorkar.
- “Roles of Punishment and Support in the Context of Environmental Improvements,” AOM Annual Conference 2014, POMS 2013 and INFORMS 2013, Suvrat Dhanorkar.
- “Deciding When to Implement Compatible Management Standards,” INFORMS 2013, Suvrat Dhanokar.
- “Experiencing Queuing Delay: To Wait or Not to Wait…” POMS 2014, Rick Hardcopf.
- “Save the Environment or Strive for Legitimacy – Motives for adopting Environmental Practices in Manufacturing,” POMS 2014, Rick Hardcopf.
- “Lean and Performance: The Impact of Organizational Culture,” POMS 2014, Rick Hardcopf.
- “Profits Gaps and Short-Term Heuristics: Systems Dynamics Understanding as a Reinforcement of Operations Strategy,” (revise & resubmit), Journal of Operations Management. Rick Hardcopf with P. Goncalves, E. Bendoly and K. Linderman.
- “Customer Perceptions of Health Examination Service Quality: An Empirical Investigation in South Korea,” forthcoming, International Journal of Social Science and Humanity, Vol. 5, No. 3, March 2015. Sehwon Kang with J. Oh.
- “Opening the Black Box of Replication Strategy: The Role of Enabling Bureaucracy,” POMS 2014, Pettis Kent.
- “Work Design and Work Safety in Manufacturing Industry,” Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences 2013, Xiaojin Liu.
- “Knowledge Creation and the Work Design: The Implication of the Workforce Demographics,” Decision Sciences Institute 2013, Xiaojin Liu with S. Meyer Goldstein.
- “The Moderating Effect of Knowledge Characteristics on the Financial Value of Innovative Technology Products,” Journal of Operations Management, 32(3), 79-87, 2014. Xiaojin Liu with A.C. Yeung, C.K.Y. Lo, and T.C.E. Cheng.
- “Predicting Failures of High Tech Innovations-in-use: Application of Predictive Analytics to Big Data on Market Failures of Medical Devices,” Production & Operations Management Society Annual Meeting 2014; INFORMS Annual Meeting 2013; Wharton Innovation Conference 2014; International Symposium of Information Systems, India, 2014; American Society of Quality (ASQ), Annual Meeting 2014; Social Media and Business Analytics Collaborative Annual Conference 2014; Medtronic Inc, USA, Annual Product Development and Analytics Symposium 2014; Institute of Engineers in Medicine (IEM) 2014, Ujjal Mukherjee.
- “Critical and Complex Technological Capability Development for Health Care Delivery: Econometrics Analysis of the Effect of Technology Innovation on Reducing Process and Outcome Variation,” INFORMS Annual Meeting 2013; Production & Operations Management Society Annual Meeting 2014; Minnesota Healthcare Conference 2013; Life Sciences Alley Annual Conference 2013; Design of Medical Devices Annual Conference 2013; Institute of Engineers’ in Medicine 2013; and Special Interest group on Healthcare Operations MSOM 2014, Ujjal Mukherjee.
- “Strategic Asset Management in Healthcare: Issues Related to Management, Usage and Adoption,” North Central Bio-Medical Association Annual Conference 2014, Ujjal Mukherjee with Kingshuk K. Sinha.
- “Greenhouse Gas Reduction Initiatives: Energy Efficiency and Emissions Reductions,” INFORMS Annual Meeting 2013, Jason Nguyen.
- “Single-Item Perceptual Measures for POM Phenomena are a Menace for Survey Research. Or Not?” POMS 2014, Christopher Swanton with J. Rungtusanatham and M. Polyviou.
- “Mindfulness and the Prevention of Retail Theft: A Test High Reliability Organizations,” POMS 2014, Christopher Swanton with J. Rungtusanatham, K. Linderman, and H.C. Su.
- “Retail Shrink and Cargo Theft: Tests of Routine Activity Theory,” POMS 2014, Christopher Swanton with J. Rungtusanatham and K. Linderman.
- “Preventing Retail Theft: A Test Routine Activity Theory,” INFORMS 2013, Christopher Swanton with J. Rungtusanatham and K. Linderman.