MBA Course Petition Form
Graduate students from other University of Minnesota programs may use this petition process to request enrollment in Carlson MBA courses on a space-available basis.
The Carlson School of Management MBA Program allows non-MBA graduate students to petition to take a maximum of three MBA courses. Requests to be enrolled in additional courses will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
To register, please complete and submit the Non-MBA Graduate Student Petition Form. Registration requests are only accepted via the online petition form.
|Fall 2015 (A-term and full-semester courses)||September 2, 2015|
|Fall 2015 (B-term courses)||October 22, 2015|
|Spring 2016 (A-term and full-semester courses)||Janurary 12, 2016|
|Spring 2016 (B-term courses)||March 11, 2016|
Registration for non-MBA graduate students who submit the online petition form and are approved to take Carlson MBA courses will begin as outlined below.
- April 23, 2015 - Registration for elective courses begins (ex. MGMT 6004 or ENTR 6020)
- September 2, 2015 - Registration for MBA core courses begins (ex. MBA 6030 or MBA 6120)
- December 10, 2015- Registration for elective courses begins (ex. MGMT 6004 or ENTR 6020)
- Januaray 12, 2016- Registration for MBA core courses begins (ex. MBA 6030 or MBA 6120)
Important Petition Information
- Students will be notified via University of Minnesota email of the status of their petition within 3-5 business days of submission.
- All approvals are issued through the MBA Student Affairs team; do not seek a permission number from faculty members.
- There is no guarantee you will get into any classes.
- Undergraduate and non-degree seeking students are not permitted to take MBA courses.
- Not all day/Full-Time MBA courses are open to non-MBA students.
- All classes must be taken for a letter grade (A/F); courses cannot be taken for pass/fail (S/N) or audit credits.
- If the course you are requesting has a prerequisite you have not met, we may refer you to the instructor for permission to enroll.
- If the class you are petitioning is closed (full), you will be added to the course waitlist.
- HRIR, MBT, MAcc, Dental Hygiene, MHA, and MSBA (Full & Part-Time) students should petition through their respective department for admission into an MBA course. Students in these graduate programs should not use the petition form.