Showcase your experiences and potential as a student, manager, and leader through the Carlson MBA Program application process. Candidates with at least two years of full-time work experience are carefully considered as part of a holistic review and selection process.
- Attend an event (optional)— Join us for an information session, lunch, class, or workshop. Staff, students, or alumni will be there to answer your questions and provide advice as you start the application process. Find and register for upcoming events.
- Application — The Carlson School Part-Time MBA program offers a streamlined online application. The following materials are required to apply:
- Personal statement essay
- Three professional references
- GMAT or GRE score
- Current resume
- Two years of full-time work experience
- View all requirements
- Decisions — All applicants will receive an admissions decision via email. Admitted students will receive an admission packet in the mail.
Personal Statement Essay
Your personal statement should address the following three questions:
- Briefly describe your short-term and long-term career goals. Why are you choosing to pursue an MBA at this time in your career and what are you hoping to accomplish by doing so?
- Why are you interested in pursuing an MBA at the Carlson School of Management?
- What do you feel makes you a strong candidate for the program? How will you contribute to the MBA Program overall?
Linh Gilles | Director, MBA Admissions
- "We look for students who can demonstrate academic aptitude, leadership capabilities, and proven progression through their careers through promotions or increased responsibilities."