As part of a highly competitive selection process, we carefully consider each applicant's demonstrated and potential abilities as a student, manager, and leader. All applicants must have at least 2 years of full-time work experience before starting the program.
- Past academic performance
- GMAT or GRE General Test Scores
- Current resume
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Personal statement
- Professional references
Are you a career accelerator or a career switcher? This is a question that someone first asked me during part-time student orientation. In other words, did I intend to stay at my current company and to obtain my MBA with the hope of getting promoted or was I looking to get my MBA in order to change careers? My response was to get all wide eyed and panicked. How was I supposed to know what I would be doing with my degree? I had not even started my classes.
Explore the MBA Program
Fit is important. We have several ways for you to explore the Carlson Part-Time MBA program further:
- Visit Class: Sit in on a class session, meet current students, and experience what our Part-Time MBA program is really like.
- Talk with a Student or Alumnus: They know better than anyone what it is really like to do the program and will give you an honest account of the highlights and challenges of being a Part-Time MBA student.
- Meet with Us: Our staff are eager to talk with you one on one, whether it be over the phone or in person to help you get the information that you need to make this important decision.