As part of a highly competitive selection process, we carefully consider each applicant's demonstrated and potential abilities as a student, manager, and leader. All applicants must have at least 2 years of full-time work experience before starting the program.
- Past academic performance
- GMAT or GRE General Test Scores
- Current resume
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Personal statement
- Professional references
The maximum amount of time a student can take to complete his or her MBA program is 7 years, but most people graduate in 5 years or fewer. In this blog post, I’d like share why I chose to take the full 7 years to complete my MBA.
The downside of the 7 year plan is obvious to most people. There is a risk of losing momentum, and some people just want to “get it over with.” If you are interested in an on-campus recruiting position or other position that requires an MBA, you cannot apply for those jobs until your last year in the program.
Explore the MBA Program
Fit is important. We have several ways for you to explore the Carlson Part-Time MBA program further:
- Visit Class: Sit in on a class session, meet current students, and experience what our Part-Time MBA program is really like.
- Talk with a Student or Alumnus: They know better than anyone what it is really like to do the program and will give you an honest account of the highlights and challenges of being a Part-Time MBA student.
- Meet with Us: Our staff are eager to talk with you one on one, whether it be over the phone or in person to help you get the information that you need to make this important decision.