Length of Program
Through our flexible program, you control how quickly you move through the curriculum. You can get your degree in anywhere from 2 to 7 years, and the average time to degree is just 3-3.5 years. Graduation credit requirements range between 48 and 57 credits.
Class Meeting Times
Most classes meet on-campus once a week, but courses are offered online and in a compressed format as well.
- Evening classes: Monday-Thursday, 5:45-9:05 p.m.
- Saturday classes: 8:00-11:20 a.m. & 12:30-3:50 p.m.
- Strategic Management*
- Business Ethics*
- Data Analysis & Statistics for Managers
- Financial Accounting
- Operations Management
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Information Technology Management
- Management and Organizational Behavior
Incoming Part-Time MBA students may be waived from up to nine credits of core courses. Graduation credit requirements will range between 48 and 57 credits.
The following criteria must be met for a Part-Time MBA core course to be waived:
- Two undergraduate courses OR one graduate level course in a core course area. (Only one undergraduate course is required to waive the managerial accounting core course.)
- Classes must have been taken at an AACSB accredited international institution or a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- The most recent of the two courses must be completed within five years of the first term of enrollment in the Part-Time MBA.
- A grade of B or better must be earned in a course used for course waiver consideration.
All admitted applicants will go through an automatic course waiver review process at the point of admission. Applicants will receive their specific graduation requirements as part of their admission letter packet.
Students who are not waived from a core course at the time of admission may request to sit for a waiver exam. Waiver exams must be completed by the end of the first semester of enrollment in the Part-Time MBA program and are scheduled throughout the year. For more information, please contact email@example.com or (612) 625-5555.
Students who choose to take a core course that has been waived will not receive credit for the course towards their degree.
Once you have established a solid, basic set of business skills through the core classes, you can build on it with a specialized focus more tailored to your professional interests.
Part-Time MBA students are required to participate in an international experience. As part of the international requirement, we offer two options: 1) participation in a Global Enrichment or Global Immersion experience held outside the U.S. or 2) a four credit course held at the Carlson School.