Industry MBA students will emerge from the program as part of a network of driven, experienced, and intelligent professionals. The program is offered primarily online, but provides opportunities for face-to-face networking, and virtual collaboration across the cohort of students.
Carlson School Orientation
Your orientation to the Industry MBA Program will prepare you to succeed academically and professionally. Hosted at the University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management in Minneapolis, the multi-day orientation will be your opportunity to meet your fellow students, to discover your academic and career resources, and to get acquainted with the format of your online classes.
As an Industry MBA student, you will join a dedicated cohort of fellow students who progress through the curriculum together and forge connections with one another. Enjoy the benefits of a face-to-face student community virtually and through regular live programming offered by your MBA program staff.
Virtual Student Resources
- Academic advising
- Career coaching
- Enhanced virtual services and technology support
The Carlson School will offer regular opportunities throughout the program for you to access the depth and breadth of the School's expertise on your home turf. Faculty, program leaders, industry experts, and alumni representatives will add value to your overall experience, and help you maintain strong connections to your University.
Professional Development Opportunities in Washington D.C.
- Skills development sessions
- Social gatherings
- Industry expert speakers
- Student-driven engagements
A Powerful Network
Connect to the broader Carlson School network and discover a new world of opportunities.
The network is made up of:
- 220 full-time Carlson MBA students
- 53,000+ Carlson School alumni in 95+ countries
- 142 full-time faculty
- 55 career coaches, advisors, and staff
- 1,000+ part-time and executive MBA students
- 2,500+ undergraduate Carlson School students
- Thousands of family members and partners
- Hundreds of partner companies and organizations
- 445,000+ University of Minnesota alumni