As part of a highly competitive selection process, the Carlson School carefully considers each applicant's demonstrated and potential abilities as a student, manager and leader.
- Application - The Carlson Full-Time MBA program offers a streamlined online application. The following materials are required to apply:
- Personal statement essay
- 3 professional references
- GMAT or GRE score
- Current resume
- View all requirements
- Interview - An interview for the Full-Time MBA program is required for admission. Interviews are by invitation only, offered on weekdays in person or via Skype.
- Decisions - All applicants will receive an admissions decision via email. Admitted students will receive an admission packet in the mail.
Personal Statement Essay
Your personal statement should address the following three questions:
- Briefly describe your short-term and long-term career goals. Why are you choosing to pursue an MBA at this time in your career and what are you hoping to accomplish by doing so?
- Why are you interested in pursuing an MBA at the Carlson School of Management?
- What do you feel makes you a strong candidate for the program? How will you contribute to the MBA Program overall?
Linh Gilles | Director, MBA Admissions
- "We look for students who can demonstrate academic aptitude, leadership capabilities, and proven progression through their careers through promotions or increased responsibilities."