The Executive MBA program is for professionals with 6+ years of full-time experience and substantial organizational responsibilities. Students in this program come from a mix of large multinationals, start-ups, non-profits, and areas of practice such as medicine, law, and education. We carefully consider each applicant on the basis of a number of factors. The selection process is intensely competitive and enrollment is limited.
Admissions are done on a rolling basis through May 1 and space is available through July.
- Application - The Carlson Executive MBA program offers a streamlined online application. The following materials are required to apply:
- Personal statement essay
- GMAT or GRE score (optional)
- Current resume
- 3 professional references - one must be
from a current supervisor
- View all requirements
- Interview - An interview for the Executive MBA program is required for admission. Interviews are by invitation only.
- Decisions - All applicants will receive an admissions decision via email. Admitted students will also receive an admission packet in the mail.
- Past academic performance
- Current resume
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Personal statement
- Professional references
- Admissions interview
Personal Statement Essay
Your personal statement should address the following three questions:
- Briefly describe your short-term and long-term career goals. Why are you choosing to pursue an MBA at this time in your career and what are you hoping to accomplish by doing so?
- Why are you interested in pursuing an MBA at the Carlson School of Management?
- What do you feel makes you a strong candidate for the program? How will you contribute to the MBA Program overall?
- Visit Class: Sit in on a class session, meet current students, and experience what our Executive MBA program is really like.
- Talk with a Student or Alumnus: They know better than anyone what it is really like to do the program and will give you an honest account of the highlights and challenges of being an executive MBA student.
- Meet with Us: Our staff are eager to talk with you one on one, whether it be over the phone or in person to help you get the information that you need to make this important decision. Fit is important for you and for us.